Prawn Handling In Boat

I made a setup this year that works great for cleaning and keeping prawns alive. Get a couple 5 gal buckets, drill one full of 1/2” holes. Fill the other with water and put the holey bucket inside it. Dump prawns out of the trap and into the buckets. Once your done pulling traps, pull the pail out full of prawns and the dirty water stays in the other pail. I’ve even put a lid on the bucket full of holes and hung it over the side full of prawns for a few hours to keep them alive. In my opinion the prawns taste much better when they’ve had a chance to clean off and puke out all the cat food.

Good information!

I made a setup this year that works great for cleaning and keeping prawns alive. Get a couple 5 gal buckets, drill one full of 1/2” holes. Fill the other with water and put the holey bucket inside it. Dump prawns out of the trap and into the buckets. Once your done pulling traps, pull the pail out full of prawns and the dirty water stays in the other pail. I’ve even put a lid on the bucket full of holes and hung it over the side full of prawns for a few hours to keep them alive. In my opinion the prawns taste much better when they’ve had a chance to clean off and puke out all the cat food.
Likewise.That sounds like a great way to deal with the tasty little buggers.Thanks for that Gham.That's why I love this site so much.Always learning from the other great members on here.

Back