Powell River 2013

Where is Coho Point I can't find it on a chart.

Anywhere worth running across to fish today? Thinking about going for a boat ride.

Fish Assassin it's the most northern point of Texada. Blubber bay is where the ferry comes in from Powell River. Right beside Blubber Bay on the Vancouver Island side. You can fish from anywhere in Blubber Bay around into Limekiln Bay in further down south. Guys have been picking them up south of Limekiln Bay as well.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the replies.... Didn't make the crossing today but will likely do it this week when the Thiadal Zone is open for lunch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished the last of the low tide at Mystery and had a couple shakers and seen a couple more but I was late getting there.

Ling.jpg
Got this just north of Teakerne arm yesterday on my way back from Stuart 20lbs ling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 371
My uncles first salmon tonight 20lbs coho point towards Marshall rock
Salmon.jpg

Can someone give me directions to make pictures up right I'm posting from my iPhone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 505
What's with the Powell River guys posting all their pictures sideways or upside down. My necks getting sore... :)

See you in a couple hours... Guess if we take any pictures we to will have to post them upside down. :) Will have to figure out how to do that though. :)

Been many years since I've fished Powell River, but on one memorable occasion we were coming in at dark and dropped our lines in front of the mills docks. Fishing by the lights from the dock.
Within an hour we limited out - 8 springs.
Just curious if anybody still hits that piece of water?

That area can still be good at evening light. A little later in the summer as the fish start to head for the rivers we get the some of the ones for Theodosia (because of the river diversion some of Theo's water goes into Powell Lake). They sit off the generator outflow waiting to run the river. Not as many lights at the mill anymore and most have been switched to sodium from mercury as an energy saving. (The color spectrum in the water is different from the different lamps).

Any updates? I got skunked last night Iron Mines. Big derby tomorrow where are the heavy hitters fishing.

How did everyone make out in the derby?
Had a lot of fun. Long day, started at 4 am and limped up to Iron Mines and started there. Landed a 15lb spring and lost a couple fish. Stayed till 11 and then went over to Grant Reef and pounded around there until the end of the day. Nothing but shakers at Grant. Willington Beach for the weigh in at 6 pm. Lots of people at the weigh in, derby winner was 24.6 lbs gutted and gilled, caught up at Sarah Point. I picked up a rod and reel combo for hidden weight. It was a great day yesterday and an even better sleep last night.

Sounds like a long day. I would have thought that SarahPoint would be out of the boundaries? Lund was the North boundary. Not veryclear on the boundaries at all. Who won?

Sounds like a long day. I would have thought that SarahPoint would be out of the boundaries? Lund was the North boundary. Not veryclear on the boundaries at all. Who won?
That is what a lot of the people were saying. That's the reason we only went to Iron Mines. Steelhead won I believe, and I think he split the 1000 with Garret Knorr who had the next largest because of the whole boundary thing. That was kinda of cool.

Back