Powell River 2013

Northwest winds always affect fishing on this side. Give it a couple of days, winds are supposed to swing around tomorrow.

Well, would like to say it was good tonight, but only managed 2 short chinooks, and not much bait that we could find.

FishWish

Vananda to blubber bay. I talked to a guy down at raven bay nothing for him. I heard scotch fir is seeing some fish

Heard the same thing...fish moving south...also heard about lots of Coho south of Hornby, just like Grants last week.

FishWish

Fished for a couple hours tonight...Grief Point to the viewpoint...nada...not much bait to speak of. Heard of a few fish from Grants, but not lots.

Fished Grant with leftcoast tonight. 1 small 26 inch and 2 in the mid teens. Bait was few and far between but when we found it we hit fish. All on hoochies. Green and glow and black and glow.
IMG-20130710-00411.jpg
IMG_5240.jpg

Was at Marine Traders today talking to Jim, there was a spring caught last night at Vananda that was gutted and gilled and it came in at 44 pounds. Trying to get a pic.

Darn... We rock, paper, scissored as we were leaving the harbour last night...Vananda or out front...out front won...maybe we could have hooked into a big on at Vananda ;)

Where is Coho Point I can't find it on a chart.

Anywhere worth running across to fish today? Thinking about going for a boat ride.

Looks like the fishing in PR is getting back to what it used to be years ago.....some of my best days fishing with my big bro was at Coho Point
Thanks for the great pics....Looks like I may have to get back there instead of the rock.

Back