Port McNeill Area

Any of you guy's going to be up at Alder Bay Resort next weekend the 22nd? I'll be there late Thursday to Monday tenting down by the water. No camper this time as it will give me a reason to get my a$$ out of bed instead. It can be hard to get up when in the bigfoot.... Lol
Cheers, Rob

Will be there same time and in a tent also. 24' Wellcraft see ya there.

Anyone that might want these or other areas send me a PM. You need to give me the tide or current location. I'm not going to spend a lot of time searching for closest to...

Cheers, Rob

Here is Weyton Passage by Malcomb.

Units are knots

Friday 2011-07-22 Last Quarter Moon
Sunrise 5:40 AM PDT, Sunset 9:26 PM PDT
Moonset 2:07 PM PDT, Moonrise 11:54 PM PDT
Max Ebb: 12:44 AM PDT -3.8
Slack Water: 4:16 AM PDT -0.0
Max Flood: 7:16 AM PDT 2.2
Slack Water: 10:32 AM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 1:21 PM PDT -1.8
Slack Water: 4:14 PM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 7:23 PM PDT 1.8
Slack Water: 9:49 PM PDT -0.0

Saturday 2011-07-23
Sunrise 5:41 AM PDT, Sunset 9:24 PM PDT
Moonset 3:13 PM PDT, Moonrise 12:20 AM PDT
Max Ebb: 1:34 AM PDT -3.6
Slack Water: 5:09 AM PDT -0.0
Max Flood: 8:17 AM PDT 2.3
Slack Water: 12:03 PM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 2:41 PM PDT -1.4
Slack Water: 5:38 PM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 8:26 PM PDT 1.3
Slack Water: 10:30 PM PDT -0.0

Sunday 2011-07-24
Sunrise 5:43 AM PDT, Sunset 9:23 PM PDT
Moonrise 12:20 AM PDT, Moonset 4:18 PM PDT
Max Ebb: 2:28 AM PDT -3.5
Slack Water: 6:04 AM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 9:19 AM PDT 2.4
Slack Water: 1:31 PM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 4:11 PM PDT -1.3
Slack Water: 7:19 PM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 9:30 PM PDT 0.9
Slack Water: 11:16 PM PDT -0.0

Monday 2011-07-25
Sunrise 5:44 AM PDT, Sunset 9:22 PM PDT
Moonrise 12:52 AM PDT, Moonset 5:21 PM PDT
Max Ebb: 3:25 AM PDT -3.5
Slack Water: 6:56 AM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 10:17 AM PDT 2.7
Slack Water: 2:38 PM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 5:24 PM PDT -1.6
Slack Water: 8:41 PM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 10:30 PM PDT 0.8

Tuesday 2011-07-26
Sunrise 5:45 AM PDT, Sunset 9:20 PM PDT
Moonrise 1:33 AM PDT, Moonset 6:19 PM PDT
Slack Water: 12:08 AM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 4:21 AM PDT -3.6
Slack Water: 7:43 AM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 11:08 AM PDT 3.1
Slack Water: 3:26 PM PDT -0.0
Max Ebb: 6:14 PM PDT -1.9
Slack Water: 9:34 PM PDT 0.0
Max Flood: 11:23 PM PDT 0.9

I'll be heading up for a couple weeks of fishing/exploring in august. Will mostly be in the broughtons and over towards the mainland side. I've never fished this area and was wondering if there any must fish spots that i shouldn't miss out on. I'll be fishing in my 18ft malibu and travelling with the inlaws on their sailboat. Also wondering what sort of bait the fish feed on around there. Sounds like its mostly needlefish.

Going up there for our annual August long weekend camping/fishing trip to Alder bay. Hope fishing picks up, I'm sure you will be out there like last year Sitka, didn't you have your in laws last year

Hallilogger

We will be around, but it will depend on the fishing as to whether we will be sticking close to home or going west or north. Last I heard was there is some good fish around right now and hopefully they will stick around. The usuall spots (like where we saw you last year) are producing.

If I hear anything else I will post up or send you PM.

Cheers

SS

Got back from Alder Bay Monday and it was very slow. There we a couple of fish here and there but very tough fishing. We did manage 3 hali's. 22,13 and a 8. I would defiantly trailer to Hardy or Coal...

Cheers, Rob

Check my report in the North Island/Hardy section....We got skunked one day at Flower and fished the Wall the rest of the time....It was spotty but patience paid off with some fish.

Not entirely dead up here. Hit two gooders on Sunday, fairly early, plus a smattering of humps and sox; couldn't find a ho til after they closed. Pretty much a blank on monday for me and everyone else. Few fish from what I hear, but no consistence. Two good snaps today producing a boat full. I think I'll take a family day tomorrow, maybe crab.... So far a couple over 20 anf a few good teeners, all fighters too. Hoping for a hoggler, but it feels so good to see that rod tip bounce after so looong off the water that I don't really care about much else.

Fishing out of Sointula, and all the springs are on bait. Surprisingly, the incidental sox all gobbled a green/white spoon intended for hos. Guess no one told them that the prefer pink. And it is just the leading edge of pinkmania up here. Those slippery wrigglers are everywhere.

I was gonna say something about the fight in the fish this year on my trip to the area as well. We got 17 springs in 4 days between 2 boats and lost about 7-8 others and literally everyone from 14-27 lbs fought like crazy. In the 7 years I have done the trip up to the Malcom flower island area I haven't seen fish fight like that. Last year everything just came in like nothing, this year was a different story and made for some great entertainment and fun times for all.

Funny you should mention that about thinking a seal had taken your salmon. My dad thought the same thing when we were up there a couple weeks ago. As the fish is running he tells me "I think a seal got it"...haha. Turns out to be a nice salmon around the 30 lb mark.

Just thought I would fire this up....Heading up to malcolm/flower island area for our annual 5 day trip from July 11th-15th...Getting very excited. I know its been a little bit of a slow start so i am hoping things may pick up a bit 2 weeks from now. Any reports? Sitka?

Thanks

Willlet you know after the weekend, It was real slow last weekend, a few fish, but nothing to write how about. Tons of feed around.

Will post up any info as the time progresses.

Cheers

SS

Thanks SS...I am figuring/hoping that we should be fishing around the time when it is picking up as far as numbers go. We will be opposite of Cracroft and at Flower mostly due to where we are staying.

Back