Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Another day in paradise,flat calm and sunny.While it didn't seem as fast and furious as yesterday we still caught 6 this morning 23-16lbs between lonetree and china creek

Accurate reports... 8 fish in the boat and 3 lost by 9 a.m. Bait at 47 feet. Derby should be a huge success if the fishing stays this good. FINALLY....we catch a break and kept the commercial opening from happening until after the Derby.

A huge THANK YOU to all those in the SFAB who worked so hard to keep the commies of the water!! I hope that this decision this year is precedent setting.

Hey Fogducker was in the Nook a few times dropping off a buddy that is living there last week, we picked him for the evening bite when he got off work. NICE setup you have there, front row. Neighbours said you were in town. Might see you on the water this weekend

How was it today? Heading out there for my first time this weekend ! Planning on launchin at the china creek marina and campground is that a good place to fish right there? Ps I plan on winning the derby;)

Is ur name Ray ? , who were ya pickin up ?
ya my neighbor told me there was someone drilling holes in my boat lol,
gonna pass on the gongshow this wknd , wait till the smoke clears , going next week instead,,

fd

Hey Fogducker was in the Nook a few times dropping off a buddy that is living there last week, we picked him for the evening bite when he got off work. NICE setup you have there, front row. Neighbours said you were in town. Might see you on the water this weekend

Is ur name Ray ? , who were ya pickin up ?
ya my neighbor told me there was someone drilling holes in my boat lol,
gonna pass on the gongshow this wknd , wait till the smoke clears , going next week instead,,

fd
Hi, sent you a PM, battery died in my drill so no worries. Go a few spare parts for my Striper

Got back yesterday from out 6 day trip to the Nook. Have NEVER had better weather and better fishing!

The 24/25th were a bit slow for us for some reason, only managed to scrape up 2 springs in the low 20's from the wall. Lost a couple about similar sized.
On the 26th we tried Assits Isl in the morning which we traditionally do, and we only lost one to a sea lion... Not much else happening there, so we cruised to Pill and got into the fish right away. By 930, we had 4 big springs in the boat, topping out at 32lbs from right in front of Pill Pt.
On the 27th we went right back to Pill in the am, and were the first boat there. There were 4 guys on our boat, and we were limited on springs by 830 am, it was the most unbelievable bite I have ever seen anywhere.
On the 28th, we went back to pill yet again after a bit of a crew change. Still 4 people on board, and managed 7 more springs, 3 of which were 27lbs.

All in all, an unbelievable trip with shorts and shirt off for many afternoons. All fish except for 1 were on anchovy, with our "cree special" and "monthly surprise" heads all between 28 and 51 ft.

All in all, an unbelievable trip with shorts and shirt off for many afternoons. All fish except for 1 were on anchovy, with our "cree special" and "monthly surprise" heads all between 28 and 51 ft.[/QUOTE]

no shorts even? banana hammocks eveywhere?

NIce fishing!

Lorne

Planning on fishing out of bamfield the 9th 10th and 11th of September...Just curious if I am going to use anchovies should i fish the 5 1/4" or 6 inch achovies? We are going to be fishing primarily inside as we don't have the size of boats needed to go offshore...Even tho that time of year I heard the fish tend to be inside anyways. Any help would be appreciated.

First morning, including the 32lber, then a Pill Pt morning, and sunset...

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 87
no shorts even? banana hammocks eveywhere?

NIce fishing!

haha... close, but not quite. Good on ya for catching my typo...
Lorne[/QUOTE]

Any more recent updates? Arrived at the
Nook on the 29th and fished late and got 3 nice spring, then yesterday got entirely skunked at whittlestone and Fleming. Today we tried the kelp bed again with nothing and currently at turtlehead and not getting much here either. Where are all the fish hiding?

Hot hot hot..for us this am
4 springs one was 30 lbs and 3 coho, back at the cleaning table by 9 am

I know there isn't a commerical opening in the canal until after the long weekend...I am going to be fishing Bamfield Sept 9 10and 11th...Mostly we are going to be stick to the inshore areas, will the commercial opening affect us at all or just the canal. First time on the west coast so it is new to me.

Thanks

Back