Pod for a 24' Trophy?

Re-building the motor and outdrive are not possible. The lower leg was stolen and the motor is missing too many parts and what's left is way to rusted out. So I would have to buy a engine and outdrive to match. The boat itself is about a 7 out of 10. The trailer is a 9 out of 10, a 2002. The hull looks nearly perfect but the interior is rough. The head liners show signs of mould. The electronics are very old including radar all of which must be replaced. So for the price of $4500, is the boat worth the effort?
You shouldn't walk away from this deal.........you should run as fast as you can and stay far far away. For the same investment you can bring a turn key boat up and be on the water this summer, not 2 years from now.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the advice!! I will keep searching.
I really like the 24' Alaskan cabin, hopefully one will turn up soon.

Joe

They are nice and the 92-94 hulls are really nice, I like the red black stripes versus the blue. When volvo bought out the omc sterndrive part of the company, they updated the cobra leg with better clutches for shifting and called it an SX. So if your looking at trophies and lots had the cobra sterndrive you have an option to update to a volvo sx or dp by changing the leg bell housing and installing a volvo leg. They sell kits online.

They are nice and the 92-94 hulls are really nice, I like the red black stripes versus the blue. When volvo bought out the omc sterndrive part of the company, they updated the cobra leg with better clutches for shifting and called it an SX. So if your looking at trophies and lots had the cobra sterndrive you have an option to update to a volvo sx or dp by changing the leg bell housing and installing a volvo leg. They sell kits online.

Here is one in Salmon Arm. A little expensive maybe?
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/3747185827.html

Might be overpriced but who knows what hours are on it, and overall condition. Being an interior boat may be less hours???? Like the looks though!

Hi Guy's

I ended up buying the boat, couldn't resist. Anyways now looking for an engine and Alpha 1 leg. Can anyone recommend the best sized motor for this boat? I found a 454 but that's probably too big?
Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like wolf mentioned before, I would go with a 383. a 350 would do it fine, but a little more go never hurts :) The 5.0L it had I'm sure was good for day cruising but would lag fully loaded gear and guys

I wouldn't run much more than 300hp to an A1G2 leg. That's just my opinion given the research I did on my own project. Any bigger and you'll want to go Bravo.

Congrats Striker
No advice to offer re power, but I had a 2392 (?) about 20 years ago, good boat, good layout, wife loved it, and it caught fish!
Enjoy.

Congrats Striker
No advice to offer re power, but I had a 2392 (?) about 20 years ago, good boat, good layout, wife loved it, and it caught fish!
Enjoy.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if I need to bottom paint the boat. It will be moored at the marina and has never been painted.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if I need to bottom paint the boat. It will be moored at the marina and has never been painted.
if its moored and your not going to pull it at least every other week to clean it then yes I would bottom paint it
keeps the sea life from permanently attaching itself

Another question. I would like to sell the trailer this boat sits on but have no idea what it's worth.
It's a 2002 EZ-Loader tandem with electric pulley, good tires, surge brakes, new lights, new rollers, wash down and torsion suspension.

It looks quite heavy duty.

Thanks

Joe

Well the operator at Burrard Marina told me I could easily get $3,200 for it so that's what I listed it for. The first guy that saw it offered me $3,000. I realize that new these things run around $8 grand. This one is almost as good as new.

Back