Panther steering

Totally unexpected

Curious if a panther steer is a good option for my kicker because of the set back of my swim grid idont think ez steer would work. Any opinions or suggestion would be appreciated. Any other options on the market?,I'm tired of steering from tiller extension,and because the layout of my boat not sure I could fit a 2nd helm

Panther have there good and bad points. Easy install, fairly speedy. Motors last about 2-3 years at best if they are up high and dry. $200 for a replacement motor. Corded remote get a few years out of it. Buttons tend to fail

intellisteer is a great option. All electrical
Is in boat and lasts. Comes wireless Can hook to lowrance autopilot.
cheaper than panther

Panther have there good and bad points. Easy install, fairly speedy. Motors last about 2-3 years at best if they are up high and dry. $200 for a replacement motor. Corded remote get a few years out of it. Buttons tend to fail

intellisteer is a great option. All electrical
Is in boat and lasts. Comes wireless Can hook to lowrance autopilot.
cheaper than panther
Basically sums it up. I have a similar situation with the kicker out on the swim grid. I had to overhaul my panther after 3 seasons of use. Reaction time is good, very handy when not having an issue.
i would try intellisteer if I were to re outfit

Ours went at about three years as well.
I assumed it was just bad luck with a seal or something. It worked great when it worked though.

I looked long and hard (that’s what she said) at both options and ultimately decided to go with the intellisteer. Really slick install, doesn’t draw much juice and the wireless remote floats too. Don’t ask me how I know...

I must be lucky. I have had a Panther for 12 yrs on my boat. I have not had one single problem with it . still works
great 100%
That’s great. I really liked mine, the motor failing was an easy fix but they are out of stock at this point. Wish I new what power window motor it is.

Back