Our Winter Project 50% complete

Looks like a gem, the door might be wide enough to get the boat through but you need more width to get your satisfied smile through!

Ffg, I am looking at the fibreglass work on the bulkhead and the back deck and I am wondering what those black markings are? Is that the woven mats shining through or what? Is that the finished surface or is it going to be painted/gealcoated? Thanks! Awesome project.

Chris- The black is just an added effect of they throw into the fiberglass paint. Somthing different and also easier better definition from the deck to the bulkhead. Seems flat colour fiberglass is not as common as this stuff now. I will take some close up pics and throw them up next time I am taking pics.

More pics to come at the end of the week! They will only get better!

-Steve

So the rig is in the water and fishing. Figured its time to put up some completion pics of the rig.

Here is one of the interior and electronics:

NewboatandSnowandWindStorms008.jpg

NewboatandSnowandWindStorms001.jpg

Here is one of the bulkhead with rear steering:

NewboatandSnowandWindStorms004.jpg

Here is one of the rigger and temporary rod holders(We have mounted 4 new rod holders and a net holder on the boat just dont have pics of them yet)

NewboatandSnowandWindStorms002.jpg

And one of the motors mounted on the pod:
NewboatandSnowandWindStorms005.jpg

We are super happy with how everything turned out. It rides like a dream on the water and even catches fish. But the true test will come when summer rolls around!

-Cheers Steve

That turned out great Steve. Looks really nice. Thanks for posting up the pic's and details on the refit.

Cheers,
John

Nice to here your finished Steve ,Nice job see you out on the water.

The boat looks great, how about a few more pictures? What did you use for the cabin door? It appears to be a slider, did you purchase the door as a unit or is it fabricated?
Thanks.
Alan

Very nicely done and a real fishy looking machine. I'd like to see pics of the cockpit and working deck. Did your aft deck drop with the removal of the I/O? Looks like real high gunnels.

Alanf- The door was purchased and is a slider. It runs on teflon sliders. Its a little bit stiff to slide but we almost prefer it not moving around.

Nedarb- We will chat about that as the season aproaches.

Finnadict- The gunnels are waist high. and the floor pan for the I/O is now the fish hold.

I will take some pics today and throw them up.

-Steve

I have a sliding door and would not be without it. I don't loose swing space and the door stays where I place it. I cannot imagine it moving.

I have a slider on my Orca-we call it the bank vault-never moves-even in tough water. Sure helps the size of a sometimes small dance floor!

just an alternative- I built an enclosed head and made the door swing inwards to complete closure of head when in use or leave open to rear deck whennot in use or if the weather is good....l

Hey there Steve, do you have any more pics of the project all finished up? I like your style

What Standard horizon plotter is that ? I just got a 20 ft DE as well and it came with a Standard horizon CP300i - but it didnt come with the optional black box and transducer ... looks like you have it ? how do you like it ? debating whether its worth the cost

Back