Okanagan sockeye 2022

Slower passage than normal to Wells. Water conditions are having an effect. The peak at Bonneville was almost a week later than average too.

wells-dam-adult-count-gr.jpeg

I heard there is a decent run of chinook coming to Osoyoos too.
So far, the Chinook curve looks to be somewhat above the 10 year average at Bonneville if you discount the outlier spikes. Below average at Wells at the moment, but so are sockeye. Late run due to water conditions and all that. Columbia springs return to a lot more rivers than sockeye do, we will have to wait and watch the Wells data.

Bonneville adult chinook graph

Saw the other day a guy caught a jack chinook prob around 5lbs out of osoyoos released obviously but just a heads up for you guys incase you tag into one.

Bonneville numbers are over 609,000, we will see a new record count this year, with the new fish ladder in OK Falls I wonder how many years it will take to get a fishable amount in OK Lake again,

Bonneville numbers are over 609,000, we will see a new record count this year, with the new fish ladder in OK Falls I wonder how many years it will take to get a fishable amount in OK Lake again,
Is there an active ladder between Skaha and ok?

I didn’t think there was one last year.

Yup. There’s been one at Okanagan for a while but they had to get it in working order. It was up and running last year but a lot of the fish that went into OK went back into the channel. There was one lonely chinook that ended up in Trout creek I think last year.

Yup. There’s been one at Okanagan for a while but they had to get it in working order. It was up and running last year but a lot of the fish that went into OK went back into the channel. There was one lonely chinook that ended up in Trout creek I think last year.
Ok cool. I remember being on the dam and seeing a bunch of fish piled up at the bottom and didn’t think there was a ladder working.

fantastic if it is though! Great to see some big numbers coming up!!!

Back