Okanagan sockeye 2022

Depends on when the fish get there but it’s usually open for 2-4 weeks starting the first or 2nd week of august. You should be hitting it right at the prime time when you’re there

I like to get in there the first week of the opening. Seems like the aggressive fish that are likely to strike out at trolled lures are mostly gone after that. Or they all get lethargic and stop biting to save energy.

I like to get in there the first week of the opening. Seems like the aggressive fish that are likely to strike out at trolled lures are mostly gone after that. Or they all get lethargic and stop biting to save energy.
the first days always seem to be the best but picked up a couple Twisted Sista's flashers that should be winners and some pink and purple squirts to try out this year as well. Don't forget the 6/0 hook! seems to hold'm good

If it floats and can have a downrigger mounted on it, it’s out there. Hell, I’ve seen wakeboard boats dragging flashers and hootchies on the surface behind them thinking that’s how everyone is doing it.

One time there was a a guy with downriggers but no rods. He must have just had multiple hooks directly off his downrigger lol

Let the **** show begin in August for the socks! got to launch at 4:30am just to beat most of the early risers lol

As of today 521,228 Sockeye have been counted at Bonneville. This is the 2nd highest count ever. The highest was 614,179 in 2014, and the next highest was 515,673 in 2012. The count could get close to the record yet.

As of today 521,228 Sockeye have been counted at Bonneville. This is the 2nd highest count ever. The highest was 614,179 in 2014, and the next highest was 515,673 in 2012. The count could get close to the record yet.

Yeah its super exciting to see and it look like the fish are just starting to arrive at wells

Back