OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I am going to be launching at Rocky Point to take the kids out for pinks. Wanted to Launch and fish for the pinks in the burrad inlet. Any idea on when this would be ideal. I am hoping to fish the run going up indian arm

I am going to be launching at Rocky Point to take the kids out for pinks. Wanted to Launch and fish for the pinks in the burrad inlet. Any idea on when this would be ideal. I am hoping to fish the run going up indian arm

Have been keeping an eye on this for the last week , ran up to the Indian a few times and only saw a few jumpers from Cates - Iron bay . I would say another week and a half - two weeks until there is real fishable numbers . Can find some nice sized fresh schools in deep open water on the flood tide , just gotta keep your eyes open!

I had a similar question about Howe Sound. I'll be staying on the N. end of Gambier this weekend and wondered if there was anywhere within dinghy range I could take the kids to fish for pinks. -b

I had a similar question about Howe Sound. I'll be staying on the N. end of Gambier this weekend and wondered if there was anywhere within dinghy range I could take the kids to fish for pinks. -b

Are you in Brigade or Douglas Bays? Unless it was FLAT calm I wouldn't risk crossing towards highway 99 and fishing that side in a dinghy. There are pinks going by Gibson's....in saying that as I haven't fished that side but you may find some around the backside of Gambier (west/northwest side) that are heading up to Squamish? Generally fairly calm water and protected on that side. Maybe someone from the Gibson's side can comment which way they head up when running by there?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are near Eakin Point, try McNab Creek estuary if the water is calm enough to get there & back

back to point atckinson today

If you are near Eakin Point, try McNab Creek estuary if the water is calm enough to get there & back

Fished from 7 to 2 pm today, just 2 pinks to the boat but 10 fish lost I don't know how manage fish without barb, the best baiting was 7 to 9 , hope better luck next time, maybe change hook

Pinks have really soft mouths, easy to rip the hook right out. Really let up on the drag but of course keep tension

Pinks seem to be hard to land when you want to and impossible to shake off when you're not targeting them. Lighter action rods will help keep tension on the hook.

Up here at Lasqueti all morning , had one pin popper first thing and a quick run and gone , glow hoochie , chartreuse glow flasher 120' on the rigger. Nothing for the next 3 hours and decided to move in shallow and run some of the liveys we picked at at buccaneer . 3 undersize Chinook and then I tied into something large . 45 mins later , 30 lb braid 10 lb leader and 2 1/0 owners , I had a 130cm Hali beside the boat. No harpoon so decided to lip gaff and drag through the swim door. Long story short , had the fish half way through swim door and gaff hook straightens on me , leader snapped halibut gone. Have some nice video of the fish I will post when home . Been a pink and undersized Chinook show since:

Up here at Lasqueti all morning , had one pin popper first thing and a quick run and gone , glow hoochie , chartreuse glow flasher 120' on the rigger. Nothing for the next 3 hours and decided to move in shallow and run some of the liveys we picked at at buccaneer . 3 undersize Chinook and then I tied into something large . 45 mins later , 30 lb braid 10 lb leader and 2 1/0 owners , I had a 130cm Hali beside the boat. No harpoon so decided to lip gaff and drag through the swim door. Long story short , had the fish half way through swim door and gaff hook straightens on me , leader snapped halibut gone. Have some nice video of the fish I will post when home . Been a pink and undersized Chinook show since:

Sorry to hear that ADANAC....but should be a good show to see, can't wait for it. Post it soon.

Trolled west side of Sangster, nothing but pinks hitting our army truck A couple of dogs went after the live herring.
Smoothed out nicely buy 10. Stopped at Squitty bay on the way back. What a tight cove to get Into.
Pink salmon and a few prawns for dinner.
An other blue ling as well.

Finally had some luck fishing this past week. First year really giving local salmon fishing a try in many many years. Got a hatchery coho off the pink apartment on a small white hoochie, a spring that was 55 cm and a nice wild coho, both at the mouth of the cap on pink and white glow hoochies. Released all but the hatchery coho. Nice to get some fish.

Wow! Tough luck. Don't hear of too many Hali's coming out of there. We fished there and Sangster last Sunday and could not keep the pinks at bay.

Fished the Bell Buoy this morning, nothing. Then over to Ambleside and hit a few Pinks. Kept one for the BBQ tonight.

Caught two on a Bon Chovy flasher with a Gforce Irish Cream Glow 35. The other was on a Lemon Lime clear blade flasher, anchovy in a rhys davis glow green, with the kone-zone flasher.

Other boats were out there hitting pinks too.

Crabbing seems to be done?

Same here, started at the bell and then headed to the Point. Hit 8 pinks and kept a few for the smoker then at the end of the day ended up with a nice 16lb red spring. 1st day on the water in my new boat!! Also picked up 6 nice big dungies. Beauty day.

Scared up this 18 pretty shallow mixed in with all these pinks, had an undersize right before this one, that was it for springs though, leading up to the afternoon low then nothing at all, not even pinks.

shot%2023_zpspu8p2ybw.jpg

shot%2024_zpsvg9c5jrv.jpg

38_zpsljsdwpf7.jpg

Try trolling an anchovie above a dummy flasher just off bottom. We've been only hitting springs on those rods. Green glow head. Chartreuse glow dummy.

Back