OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was out there as well - trolled from the pink building to Atkinson and back from 10 to 4 and not even a bite! I used anchovy for the longest time and then switched to hootchies - tried all sorts of depths as well - nothing!

To much banana talk going on lol. Picked up some beauty 20 and 13 pound red pea heads on the ebb on Sunday off Atkinson. Water was pretty gnarly for a bit there, took a couple over my bow and roof trolling into it. Shut my whole boat down for a second it w as pretty savage. Fishing was good though lots of doubles on pinks. Action died off with ebb slack and calm water. 80 feet with the classic green glo teaser worked well. Saturday was brutal water and slow fishing and Friday was a complete blow out. Stoked Sunday pulled through and looking forward to getting back out there.

Any reports from Camp Byng, Gower point area? Have seen a lot of Pink action ( I assume) off Roberts Creek. Lots of fish jumping.

Any reports from Camp Byng, Gower point area? Have seen a lot of Pink action ( I assume) off Roberts Creek. Lots of fish jumping.

I just got back from Bonniebrook. Stuck with beach fishing today because boat needs a new prop. Pinks left right and center no Coho brought in today although they have been caught in the last few days. As for Gower point to Camp Byng I worked it pretty hard last week and only got one pink.

Gonna be up at secret cove for a few nights , looking for any recent reports , Epsom , Sangster ?

Had some buddies who were just up there for over a week. Epsom only seems to have produced pinks for them but Quarry Rock was where they had all their spring action.

One guy stayed up for an extra couple of days thru the weekend, so will update when I hear if he had any action over the weekend as they were based out of Pender Harbour.

Just a quick Edit.

Mentioned to adanac in a PM; a bit further info, but pretty much all along from Nelson Rock or the entrance to Agamemnon up towards Cape Cockburn was producing for the boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, up in Pender harbour for the week. Fished the spots that produced well last year for us with regards to longs and snapper, but no action after 2 days. Any ideas where to try?

Thanks

Paul

Staying in Secret cove until Saturday. Was out today 10 - 4. Trolled from welcome pass down around Merry island. got our first double header of LING COD...believe it or not.... Decided to fill our limit on lings so let my daughter pick her jig and the starting point of the first drift. She found the catch of our day on her first drop.
Washed the gear up the outside to Epsom point to finish the day. Relaxing tomorrow, going to soak my prawn traps and re visit some old hang outs, next salmon effort will be Thursday. Hope to have salmon report!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 530
Staying in Secret cove until Saturday. Was out today 10 - 4. Trolled from welcome pass down around Merry island. got our first double header of LING COD...believe it or not.... Decided to fill our limit on lings so let my daughter pick her jig and the starting point of the first drift. She found the catch of our day on her first drop.
Washed the gear up the outside to Epsom point to finish the day. Relaxing tomorrow, going to soak my prawn traps and re visit some old hang outs, next salmon effort will be Thursday. Hope to have salmon report!

Whoa, that's a monster fish! Thanks for the report

Nice to see the big lings are back by secret cove, I remember catching blue lings and smaller lings for 15+ years up there, looks like the fishery is slowly recovering properly.

Back