OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Kinda slow around here...bombed up to Powell River for the week...nothing @ Vananda but a couple 10 lbers @ Coho Pt. tonight to start things off..

Today fished from West Van to Pt Atkinson, nice and flat out there, lots of rain. Ran one rigger at 60-80ft and the other at 90-120ft. Got 2 small springs under size and 2 wild Coho today, not bad day just nothing for the BBQ. I don't know what I did..... but I got no pinks today ?????Don't know if that is good or bad????

You were likely too deep for pinks. What were you using?

When the Pinks are around in huge numbers like they will be soon you can catch them at all reasonable depths.

Here is a video of us this past weekend on my boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMtLjkyP08

The weekend before we hooked around 50 and landed our limit of 24 (2 day limit for four of us) near Pender Island and many of those fish are here now. Just watch for small Sockeyes mixed in the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of pinks in between QA and Atkinson. Landed a nice spring off a triple with another spring and pink. Good times. Saw some nice wild coho released also. Pinks were hitting all gear hootchies and chovys and same with the spring hit a mini pink squirt. 80 feet and up. Thus w as Monday and put a long day in to get them

Was us Anchovies in a Glo Chartreuse holder. Also a light green holder. Did not use anything with any pink or red on it. Also ran green onion flasher with a green flasher. Good luck !!!!!

Got out this morning for a quick troll thru the tide change this morning at the bell. No love for me. Saw a few nets out but looked like some small pinks taken

Was coming back from the Fireworks last night and ran in to a pod of Orcas hunting right beside the T10. We stopped and watched them in the moonlight. It was awesome to sit in silence and see and hear them do their thing.

Heading out this afternoon for Sandheads, T10, Bell Buoy and beyond.

Heading out this afternoon for Sandheads, T10, Bell Buoy and beyond.

High slack last night west of the Bell in about 110-130 feet of water produced a good bite on Springers. No pinks around but we got into a few as did a couple other boats. Lots of bait around, bite turned on and as quickly as it did it ended within about 20-30 mins

Gonna head out tomorrow with the family for a trip over to Salt Spring if the wind report doesn't get any worse than it currently predicts. My mom's 76th birthday tomorrow. We spent a lot of my childhood over on Salt Spring so hopefully it will be a nice nostalgic trip for my mom. Planning on having brunch over at the pub there and walking around the ocean side park there. There's still a couple of shops there that were there when I was a kid.

Will have the lines out in a few places to try to get my two teenage daughters into some pinks and maybe my mom might even feel up to fishing for a bit :) Would love to see her fight a salmon. It's been so long. My grandpa brought her up fishing in Argentina her whole life so I hope this trip brings back a lot of fond memories for her.

Thanks to all for the great fish reports. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share after tomorrow. I've been off the ocean for much too long! Life gets busy at the worst times!

Take them out to Pender Bluffs for some pinks if you can. Depending on where you are on Saltspring it may be a very short run. Good luck!

Gonna head out tomorrow with the family for a trip over to Salt Spring if the wind report doesn't get any worse than it currently predicts. My mom's 76th birthday tomorrow. We spent a lot of my childhood over on Salt Spring so hopefully it will be a nice nostalgic trip for my mom. Planning on having brunch over at the pub there and walking around the ocean side park there. There's still a couple of shops there that were there when I was a kid.

Will have the lines out in a few places to try to get my two teenage daughters into some pinks and maybe my mom might even feel up to fishing for a bit :) Would love to see her fight a salmon. It's been so long. My grandpa brought her up fishing in Argentina her whole life so I hope this trip brings back a lot of fond memories for her.

Thanks to all for the great fish reports. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share after tomorrow. I've been off the ocean for much too long! Life gets busy at the worst times!

Take them out to Pender Bluffs for some pinks if you can. Depending on where you are on Saltspring it may be a very short run. Good luck!
Tincan where abouts are the bluffs? I haven't fished Pender at all before. We will be going to Ganges on Salt Spring.

Tincan where abouts are the bluffs? I haven't fished Pender at all before. We will be going to Ganges on Salt Spring.

Around the southwest side of North Pender, just west of bedwell harbour. Roughly 48°44'45"N 123°16'11"W as I look at Navionics

Higher cliffs along there and I am blanking on the name of the rocks but there are some covered in cormorant/bird crap as well. All good areas to try. Was visiting friends on Pender last weekend (not fishing) and heard about easy limits of some of my friend's crew who were out slaying pinks.

Also you may try around the west end of Active Pass as they should be rolling through there.

Around the southwest side of North Pender, just west of bedwell harbour. Roughly 48°44'45"N 123°16'11"W as I look at Navionics

Higher cliffs along there and I am blanking on the name of the rocks but there are some covered in cormorant/bird crap as well. All good areas to try. Was visiting friends on Pender last weekend (not fishing) and heard about easy limits of some of my friend's crew who were out slaying pinks.

Also you may try around the west end of Active Pass as they should be rolling through there.

Right on thank you Scott. Nice to try new spots too. Looking forward to it.

going to be staying at Porteau cove for a few days this long weekend and was wondering how the pink fishing is around furry creek any reports? what to get my son into a few salmon. I'll probably head over to hitw and or west van a couple of times also.

Back