OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Heading out in the morning, how is the fishing.???? What the best area to hit close in to Van.
West Van ???? Atkinson ???? QA ???? HINW ????

Thanks Guys

It's the fireworks tonight and IMO all that flash queers the fishing in English Bay the next day I'd head as far from the city as possible.

image.jpg

Went back to Atkinson today. Everyone seemed to be having a decent day of pinks. Got lucky and got a hatch coho and a Springer. Both on hootchies down deep. Quite frustrating there latley. Caught 2 pinks the spring and coho all Between 7-9am than apsolutley nothing all the way till about 1230 when we got a double header of pinks. Trolled again for another hour after with nothing than left. Bite seems to be really on and off. Just me or has anyone else noticed that?

Got into pink triples today off point atkinson
Moved along to HITW to finish the evening and hit two springs. Hook broke off on one and got sammy the seal on the other. Back at it tomorrow. Got the girlfriend into quite a few fish too so that was a bonus

Also i believe there is a 100 meter buffer you need to stay off shore of
I need to look that up again to be sure tho

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Well that was a rough location. We were fishing closer to the freightors. My question is why bother reporting for others benefits when you get jumped on for lack of info.?

Well that was a rough location. We were fishing closer to the freightors. My question is why bother reporting for others benefits when you get jumped on for lack of info.?

Wasn't jumping on anyone, just mentioned it because last time I was out a few seasoned vets were taking pics to send to DFO for illegally fishing at point Atkinson ( which should be done), if it wasn't u Kewl, just posted for bennifit of some that are less knowledgeable of the area. I really don't count on reports I just get out and fish but hate to see someone loose their hard earned rig due reports he or she takes as gospel.... READER BEWARE I GUESS EH

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, if a guy takes the time to post a report why put up anything remotely negative? Unless there is some blatant poaching that you know to be 100% accurate keep any negative comments to yourself or private message them. Keep the reports coming brother, much appreciated.

Guys relax, steely knows what he is doing
But for anyone that is unaware of the permanently closed area around pt Atk
Here are the boundaries that are close to fishing for ALL marine life ALL year
Basically watch out for the southern most tip of the park if your trolling from the west van side stay past it

"Point Atkinson bounded by a line commencing at the southwest entrance to Starboat Cove, thence seaward in a southwest direction for 85 m, thence westerly following the shoreline for 100 m, thence to the southernmost tip of Point Atkinson (125 m east of the lighthouse)."

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Last edited by a moderator:
July 25. Fished QA marker. Stayed out pretty deep to avoid closed area. Had quad head pinks in the first 5 mins. Couldn't keep pinks off for most of morning. Pinks love blue chovies, Lots of good looking marks on finder. No springs. Dog fish were bad too. I think it will be tough this year to properly fish for springs. Fast troll with 32 inch hootchie leader seemed to keep pinks and dog fish off.

What a blast ! yesterday with the pinks and released 2 small coho ... almost all double headers all the time ,Good times !:cool: .... West Van fast troll coho killer and squirt .

Fished West of the banana from South arm to North arm, could not keep the pinks off the anchovies! Ran a green glo on one side and chovies on the other. Nothing on the green glo. Went through a whole pack of chovies, then not a fish to be had after they ran out. Threw em all back, no pinks for me!! Good to see that the new boat fishes well.

Today fished from West Van to Pt Atkinson, nice and flat out there, lots of rain. Ran one rigger at 60-80ft and the other at 90-120ft. Got 2 small springs under size and 2 wild Coho today, not bad day just nothing for the BBQ. I don't know what I did..... but I got no pinks today ?????Don't know if that is good or bad????

fished at potlatch this afternoon til 630. two in 3 hrs for me and a friend.... pretty slow, no schools seen, perhaps they ran up the creek with last nights rain

Back