O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fished Thrasher for a few hours. went 1 for 5. 10lb red spring, 99' bait saw all the action.

At thrasher right now. 3 throw backs and that's it. Has anyone got into any size ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We hit Thrasher. Had one undersized spring and 3 coho to the boat. Not great but at least it layed down. Didn't think I'd be going.

Had some better results along the WVan shoreline today. Caught a fairly small wild coho and then maybe a cutthroat??? (fish had a bright green upper back with spots, and an orangy-red belly).

Moved the downriggers aft which was a huge improvement. Thanks for the tips!

Another 10lb spring of Bowen today. On bait, 99'. did GREAT on Prawns for the first time in a while. And a couple good Dungys

Found some action around the Thrasher area today...not within the crowd of boats however...released 5 slightly undersized fishing 120' on the DR quite a bit S of the rock...moved N of the rock...dropped the lines to 140' on the DR...kept 2 legal springs taken on bait...glad it flattened out for the run home.
June 1.jpg

...18 hours of trolling this weekend (sat/sun) and only 1 - 10lb fish for the effort. Tough go out there.

Seems like it depends on when you have the lines down Marty. Same as last year. I've had 2 hour stretches during a bite I would agree with the the guide term of "the fishing is on fire" but then it dies off and maybe picks up on the next tide change.We've gotten a few nice fish in the 15lb range, one in the high twenties and quite a few 8-12 lb range. I wouldn't call that on fire or slow. Just normal for Thrasher. You have to get lucky and be there on the good days, in the right spot, right gear and depth. We aren't there everyday or have the same pipeline of info as the guides. Can't expect the same results. That's fishing and you usually seem to do alright.

Sorry about the late chime in....we found fish in pockets thru the weekend. 120ish feet was the general area, and we stayed away from the pack for the most part. Everybody was out around Thrasher...we did troll thru on Saturday making our way towards Porlier. We hooked up a decent number and boxed some beautiful reds....unreal colour and flavour for Fridays dinner.

We tried briefly around Thrasher on Friday, but all the fish we hooked up for the most part were at the Grande between Silva and Entrance. Very few boats up that way compared to south of us. Right out in front of the Hotel just out the north gap from Silva we found TONS of bait and found fish. Actually called 2 buddies who were in Silva, they buzzed out and each got into fish in less than 15 minutes.

Bait was the ticket for us for the most part. A bit of action on plastic, and I think nothing on spoons.

Sunday was slow....but man that water was beautiful. Sun and glass calm made for a nice day...I think we had just 2 springs yesterday in and amongst some coho.

Also meant to mention we found when things went thru a lull with no action...slowing the boat right down got us a few hits. Actually we played with speed all weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Hook'up is trolling across your line for some of your lures...:)

Haha....it IS a Grady, my buddy's 33'. This was taken when all the boys were in at the dock and we found bait and fish....he came buzzing out from Silva and got into a couple very quickly.

Hey Guys,

I'm Thinking of heading to Thrasher tonite or tomorrow. Does anyone have any recent reports to share.
Last two trips weren't very productive so if no fish around, why burn the fuel?

Thanks in advance

Eastpoint

Back