O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Was in to see Jason @ Pac Angler today.....he said both of his boats are in the harbour and I think one of them picked up a fish; that was early this afternoon.

Uhhhh, I guess you didn't get the memo....the title of this thread is REPORTS thread not Rumours...lol...just kidding :p

Without pictures they're all just rumors anyway;)

Was in to see Jason @ Pac Angler today.....he said both of his boats are in the harbour and I think one of them picked up a fish; that was early this afternoon.

A report for the inside :) sweet , All the action at Thrasher is driving me nuts , but that's awesome , Good to hear some reports for the inside keeps me
going lol ...i know it's still early for the inside fishing . Cheers ! FM LOL !

Tough fishing locally. No doubt.

Everyone should run across at the same time on Saturday morning, it would like something out of WW II.

Everyone should agree to meet at the Point Grey Bellbuoy at like 7:30 am...there would be like 100 boats running across! Lol

Haha.....as we'll be there already, if you hear "da German's are comeeeng!!!" over the radio; I would be referring to y'all.

Tough fishing locally. No doubt.

Everyone should run across at the same time on Saturday morning, it would like something out of WW II.

Everyone should agree to meet at the Point Grey Bellbuoy at like 7:30 am...there would be like 100 boats running across! Lol

LOL hahah oh that's good had a good laugh , You big boats can pave a smooth hwy for my tinny lol .

Thrasher today still slow, crazy current pulling on the lines. Morning bite, 2 just legal at 8am on a chovy 80'. couple more undersized later in the day, nothing on the deeper rods. Going back out Sunday.

Heard a report that 8 boats fished a local 5 hour trip yesterday and only one fish was hit.

Here's Pacific Angler's latest synopsis:

Local Saltwater

Thrasher Rock has been fishing great this past week. The Grande and Thrasher reef have been producing some nice chinook. Anglers who are willing to take a chance and venture out off shore have been greatly rewarded with some fast paced fishing once they have located fish. We have been hitting our fish from 75ft down to 135ft on the riggers on a mixture of spoons and hootchies. Productive flashers have had some glow on them as the water has been pretty dirty.

Entrance, Snake, and Five Fingers have also been fishing well. The hot depths for us at these locations were 160-200ft on the riggers. The fish seem to be down deep as the water up there is very blue.

The Hump has continued to fish slow. If you can make it, we recommend you take the time to run over to the other side.

West Vancouver will start producing for coho in the next couple weeks. There is already a decent number of coho in the Capilano River, so it is only a matter of time before the saltwater fishing takes off.

This time of year if you are thinking about booking a charter we do strongly recommend trying to make it over to Gabriola, as it often provides some of the best chinook fishing of the whole year. The best fishing is likely yet to come as it usually gets red hot late May and early June. Our phone has been ringing steadily, so if you want to take advantage of this awesome chinook fishing, please give us a call as soon as possible as open dates are becoming limited.

To book your trip give Jason a call at 778-788-8582. If you are heading out in your own boat, stop by the shop for the latest up to the day report and info on the hot flashers and spoons.

See you in the shop or on the water.

Looked at Hali Bank and Entrance Buoys and they were not even 10 an hour or so ago. In saying that things may pick up.....will definitely post here on the forum when we're across this afternoon.

Bit bumpy coming across....lots of logs and crap in the water. Currently in a light breeze/chop, lines are in the water offshore right now.

Bit bumpy coming across....lots of logs and crap in the water. Currently in a light breeze/chop, lines are in the water offshore right now.

Post a pic i wanna see what it looks like over there :D ... Nice lines in and ready to get some adrenaline .

Last edited by a moderator:
A conditions report With love from pips oh and he says he's already bonked one
Hope he means a fish :)
6uva6uva.jpg

Back