Nootka Sound / Esperanza Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

MyEscape
Thanks for posting the update and the fish ****. Great pics. Will see you one month from tomorrow but who's counting????????
Are you able to receive a PM at the lodge?
Tell Doug that he needs to update his website. 2010 is filling up fast. I hope he booking for 2011.
Oh ya. Is this website on Canadian Time or do I have a compooter from China? I think that I can foresee the future!!!
Thanks

BS

ME, thanks for the updates. We appreciate you taking the time to fill us in. Pls keep them coming. I'm planning an Aug 8-12 trip and expect things should be heating up by then.

Wow exciting news from Esperenza the coho have arrived in large numbers and are schooling, jumping and very easy to catch all inside the surf line and have been told this isnt normal for here this early in the season. The chinook are a little more allusive right now and are coming through in waves. There also seems to be an abundant number of black bass or as the regs call them black rock fish. As you can see some nice halis yellow eye and canary rock fish being caught the best part they can be found 4 miles or less off shore. So sharpen those hooks and hope to see ya soon

Cheers My Escape

RFLJune11013.jpg

Attachments

• RFL June 11 013.jpg
    RFL June 11 013.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 75
ME

Thanks for the update. Our group arrives July 9. Hope there is a new wave of Chinook coming through. Looking forward to meeting you.

Another great day yesterday with a mix of fish including 2 nice Chinooks and a very happy 12 year old boy from texas landing a 78lbs halibut...... Today more Chinooks and the biggest coho being 15lbs both chovies and hootchies are working well for salmon... 2 new groups in today and one more tomorrow so will be reporting daily from Esperanza....

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Cheers My Escape

WOW
A 15 lb. coho already!!!!!!!
I think its going to be an interesting year.
Thanks for all the great posts the ME. Really appreciate it
BS

The derby was great..with the winning fish being 31.5 lbs.. weather was ok. It was our first time to nootka and it seemed like we really had to fish hard and put in the hours to boat our fish. We had a great time with excellent accomodations at Critter Cove and good company too!

Although we have had some days of rain the weather has been great for offshore fishing for all species of bottom fish. Coho are still growing in numbers both inshore and offshore with many new inside areas open for fishing for the first time in years until July 15th including Port Eliza, Esponoza, Zebalous, and Tahsis Inlets a true sign of improving stock numbers. Chinooks are still a bit of hunt and find as they are moving around alot with chovies still being the number one ticket. The first signs of the pilchards was last night at the lodge but are growing in numbers in many other areas which will draw more Chinooks to inside waters. Halibut are still being caught within a few miles of the surf line making it within reach of smaller boats. All in all a fantastic start to what is looking to be one of the best fishing season in years here on the Wild West Coast.

June21st003.jpg

June21st005.jpg

June21st008.jpg

June21st013.jpg

Cheers Hope To See You Soon
Or Call Me "My Escape" on Channel 06

Last edited by a moderator:
that guy kinda looks like wolfie after that stupid halibut ad was put up,lol, jk wolf, is the dude not happy with the catch or what????...geezzz smile for the camera fella.....holmes*

Definately an upset looking african american
Concerning these post, partial correct, African American, yes, upset hardly.
Guys, I got seasick, and can't say I felt the best, although the pics do not convey it on my part, we had a wonderful time at Rogers Fishing lodge and caught alot of fish.
I caught my largest salmon and halibut on this trip.
I have nothing but good things to say about our host and the guides at Rodgers Fishing lodge.

hey we were just kiddin around, please do not take offence, its all in good fun kind sir, glad you had a great time on our beautiful coast, cheers....holmes*

ps. i know what its like to be sea sick and it aint fun, so i can relate.......
Holmes, there was definitely no offense taken, I've been on forums for awhile and can take a good ribbing.
You guys have a great fishery up there, we left envious of your halibut fishery, off the Oregon coast, we to venture 27-32 miles out and fish 600-800 feet down with 4-6 pounds of lead, I don't think we ventured more than 10 miles offshore or fished in more than 250 feet of water.
Your salmon fishery was equally impressive, we brought our meat sticks up, before the trip was over, we took a liking to the knuckle busters setup, if it wasn't for the rowboat requirement, I could see a return trip to canada just for a opportunity to join the Tyee Club.
Just wanted to set the record straight, so nothing negative is associated with Rogers on account of my photo.

We went to the explosives bank on Sat but had to leave right away due to seasickness. Fished the light house to wash rock the rest of the day lots of coho, some chinooks.

Bajo on Sun. The water was like a pancake and sunny too. Awesome day, got some halis.

Thanks IFL. Good to hear weather at Bajo was good. I'm there Aug 8-12. Hopefully we get a few days like that.

Back