Nootka Report

Any reports of good coho fishing in inside waters yet? Hoping to head out for a couple days tuesday/wednesday and the guys I am going with do not want to go to bajo or the highway.
Thanks ahead

woow, thats too bad dude.. Bajo is the only place Id fish right now...

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Good report Sushi... if you would have told me who was going to be onboard? I might have made that trip! :D

Nice fish! :D

Salmonkiller,
Unless things things have changed a lot in the last week, you are going to want to get outside for both Coho and Springs.

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Fished Bajo saterday with Tortuga....Limited with nice springs by 10am,some jumbo size coho around allso!

Far from over charlie:D

th_P4150080.jpg
It's NEVER over! [:0]:D

Sounds like critter had an unreal summer. Just wondering holmes what the final count on 40+ was. I hope your right with the coho fishing I'm heading up Tahsis on the long weekend and taking out some buddies. They have never fished salmon so I'm hoping to get them into some nice cohos

quote:Originally posted by Sea Morgan

Holmes, what date is the gas barge open until?
If you are planning on being there after the 7th, you need to call direct. If they have gas, they have been known to reserve for you?

Thanks Holmes, I will call before coming over, thanks for the info. Last year around this time we were catching 12 lb coho in front of Three Bay, any amount of Coho inside this year?

Holmes thanks for a summer full of great reports. Next year I'll have to make the run down from Tahsis to check out these famous ribs. Again thanks for all the info and up to date reports. Goodluck when you finally get to drop a line.

quote:Originally posted by holmes

well the Codfather does it again ...comes in at 5 minutes to 8 and weighs in a 41pnder to take the trophy and the sculpture for our inagural childrens heart network derby....sculpture donated by ed oldfield...roll the bones was in the lead and probably thought he had it locked up until the codfather roared in and took the glory...there was no doubt in my mind that he was going to come back with a 40+.. him and his son had some really nice fish
nootka083.jpg

not only did they have the largest fish but they got to blow the horn and receive the executive hat in the process...A-MAZING
nootka082.jpg

nootka080.jpg

man what a year and what a way to finish off the season.....we started with a 40+ and finished with one...unreal
nootka081.jpg

well its not quite over but close...and the coho are going to be unbelievable this year.....HOLMES*

We had a super time up there and your skills in the Kitchen were superb. And folks when you go up to Nootka you have to try Cam's Baby Back Ribs at Critter Cove. I also did his Pork Chop Special with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans, Nice to have excellent Comfort food so far away from Home.
I thought my wife and I made a pretty good showing in the Derby considering our first visit to Nootka. Big fish first day and held the lead until late on the second day. It was a great cause and the U Grill Steak dinner was a great way to meet people. I actually have to thank the Codfather because he did give us a few pointers on the fishery to help us put up some decent Numbers. We are all signed up and pushing for some room in late July or Early August to become regulars at Critter Cove.

Funny I was just asked about and looking at next year? Does anyone have the Conuma Chinook 2007/2008 releases? It isn't posted on their website. I also noticed the 2006 Chinook release was down </u> by -412,199. That means we are all ready short that many going out to sea?

Or maybe, did Conuma distribute Chinooks to the smaller hatcheries?

Everything is pointing to a good return next year, but if they weren't released, they sure can't get back?

We will be in Nootka from Sept. 3 until Sept. 8... two boats.
Anyone else going to be out there at that time?.. perhaps join up for a run or two offshore if the weather's ok, and looks like light winds forecast for that week.
Any new reports?.. Holmes recent one about a good run of cohos is exciting...

quote:Originally posted by holmes

going out tomorrow till wednesday...3 boats...should be a blast...will post pics and info when i get back....the golf game is good...but the weather looks crappy but ya never know....HOLMES*
I would love to see the "Critter Cove" head count? Do you have that?

Quote: "Nope... I am looking for DFO's head count. They are a collection site!"

A lot of places are collection sites, sorry being a newbe didn't realize what you were looking for.

Back