Nooka Sound Wilderness Camping

C

chris9464

My sons and I are planning a camping/fishing trip launching from Tahsis and heading out to Friendly Cove. Hows the fishing in mid June and any protected areas to camp ?? We have a 18ft boat, hopefully we can gas up at Critter Cove. Any info on camping and safe area's to beach would be great. Thanks Chris:)

why launch from tahsis??? why not launch in gold river?? would be closer i`d think!.i found a really cool hidden bay near the wall, the opening is about 15feet , then opens into a nice deep bay . sheltered from wind ect. theres an old run down cabin inside . would make a great camp . sorry i never locked it into my gps . but worth a look . scottyboy. ps you can always launch at moutcha bay, thats about half way between gold river and tahsis

Thanks, ya I was thinking Tahsis but meaning Gold River. We are from Vancouver So Gold River would be closest. I camped years ago at Cougar Creek but do not want to tow on that road. Thanks for the imput

You realize they have coated that road from Gold River to Tahsis to a certain degree and that you are not that far from Cougar Creek via main line logging roads which are graded quite well ?
The distance saved and the way to beat the afternoon sirocco's blowing in from the coast are worth the effort ?
I also have an 18 ft boat and the trip in last year was no problem , June is a ****ty month to fish that area unless you are looking at late June that is.

Your call friend ..............

AL

Hi campers, if your going to Friendly Cove, there are campsites on the far side behind the church. They have solar toilets that were clean. I've not been there for a couple of years,but it was middle of July, lots of nice coho and quite a few springs also. Crabbing was great in Tlupana Inlet and the natives are friendly. Hope you have a good time!

Hey there Chris 9464, the church campsite is very nice and the natives are freindly. You can get gas at Critter cove and the burger and fries are an awsome way to relax after fishing.Top it off with a cold one.Bring lots of ice to keep your fish cool. Try camel rock in the evenings across from critter cove.
Enjoy your trip.
Fishnphil

The best place for what your looking for is definately cougar creek.Even if you have to go really slow on that road you are still going to save time instead of boating out from gold river.Plus that channel can get pretty lumpy most afternoons not uncommon to have 5-6 foot chop the whole way out to friendly from town.Just take your time and keep an eye open for any log trucks give them lots of room they don't like to share the road.

Back