New To Me

Lol, no I put it all down a few years back now. I was an all or nothing kind of guy and well I was to the age it was time to smarten up. Been 8 years now since I've had any kind of drink. The day I found out I was going to be a Grandfater actually. When I did indulge I was a Kokanee man. The name on the boat was the last owners last name so I will be removing it. Still trying to figure out what to name it, may just leave it but would like to come up with something original if I do.
Good for you, WE! Very responsible. I have the odd friend & neighbour - that I keep hoping will eventually come to the same conclusion for themselves. I think there was a thread started on this forum a little ways back on boat names - that might be of benefit in thinking of new boat names - but I think most of the posted suggestions ended-up being a little over the PG rating. :)

Sure,, but nothing above PG, my Grandchildren are a big part of my life and has to be respectful to them. I like names that are of double meaning so it makes people think. I was thinking of some native west coast names possibly. To show respect for the grounds we fish in and the heritage there. Either Nuu-chah-nulth or Kwakwaka'wakw, I don't think it would offend anyone would it. I would of course keep it respectful. Names of an animal or land mark possibly.

Maybe make that one up for the Walleye boat, good one

Beings I sold the big Lund I had to have a smaller boat for chasing Walleye and Pike around home. I picked up this 2014 1625 Lund Fury XL, its got a 50hp ETec, bow mount trolling motor, nice 7" Garmin GPS/Sonar unit on it. They are nice little lake boats, be perfect for the smaller lakes around home. Its in excelent shape wasnt used very much.

eVriopU.jpg

ARlBirR.jpg

Getting a few things done on the boat. Lots of the none visible stuff like going through wiring and checking things, pulling lines / pumps cleaning and servicing. Lots of minor repairs. like stereo wasn't working, got it going. Moved one of the GPS antennas up onto the canopy. Put rubber gromets through all the holes so as not to wear wires. Lots of cleaning and cleaning, not that if was real bad but I'm a fussy guy. Put in a couple new through hull vents, got rid of the plastic ones and went stainless eventually i would like to do all the through hulls to stainless, just looks better.

As some saw on my other post I removed all the old decals and buffed her 3 times top to bottom with compound and then a buffing agent.

The old look.

2gQhARx.jpg

ZVWG2C5.jpg

And the new,, looks much cleaner.

Fo79Ebw.jpg

SQxBJID.jpg

NjJDEJA.jpg

Also installed 4 new stainless rocket launchers on the back of the canopy.

LRXJJk3.jpg

The 2 fish boxes on the floor had no hinges on them they were just pop on pop off type lids which i didn't like. Ordered some stainless hinges and with some minor adaptations to the lids I installed hinges,, much better now.

uwjPkHn.jpg

v7GQh6p.jpg

Did lots of work on the helm, I really didn't like the way it was set up. The big Raymarine was up on the dash and was really in the way it was blocking a huge part of the view and caused a huge blind spot. The Glove box had the VHF and Lowrance in it and was just a big mess of wires and a dust hole. Got it all cleaned up and flush mounted my electronics using 3/8 puck board, looks real nice matches the black of the cuddy door. Also the throttle for the kicker for what ever reason was down at your feet, you had to lean over to the point of hitting your face on the steering wheel in order to operate it. Got that moved up into operating range

The original helm, the Raymarine up on the dash in the glove box was the VHF which you cant see its under that bag in the pic and the Lowrance beside it.

FwPLJVK.png

And the updated helm. Radio is moved down in font of the throttles, there was an old non used mic plug n base there that i removed and cut it out for the VHF.

oko5iYY.jpg

wvyfapU.jpg

The new kicker throttle position.

jyphUE5.jpg

So just an update on the project, still have to tackle that bottom paint job soon.

Last edited:
Very nice improvements done all round,it'll look like new after the bottom paint is done. I sure see a lot of similarities to my 2004 Aquasport in your boat,they were both built by "Genmar" as well as "Hydrasport" at the time.

Does anybody have a recommended non-skid cleaning product that restores the stubborn dirt and grime stains on my textured deck?

Does anybody have a recommended non-skid cleaning product that restores the stubborn dirt and grime stains on my textured deck?

Is your deck white? If so I always used CLR. A quick scrub and let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse it off. Works great on water line stains on a white hull too.

I use my pressure washer on my wellcraft to clean the diamond texture areas

Is your deck white? If so I always used CLR. A quick scrub and let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse it off. Works great on water line stains on a white hull too.
Thanks, the deck is white so I will give it a try as I have some around the house. Nothing has worked so far.

Back