New Spoons Coming Soon...

Those are great looking spoons BT. I am interested to have a few swimming under my boats this year...

A little feedback on the TKO. A hate to admit that I had a sample in my truck for over 3 weeks and didn't get a chance to soak it here in Tofino until a week ago, but I knew it would work just by looking at it.
When I dropped it in behind a Big Shooter Flasher, I initially didn't think that it was swimming fast enough. I could have shortened up on leader length, but was already in pretty tight for where and when I was fishing it. We (myself and 4 of our staff) fished offshore from Tofino in the Portland Pt. area for 3 hours late Friday afternoon. Mostly clear sky and high pressure with clear water and Tides were not ripping too hard.
We fished one side with TKO and other with similar sized Coyote silver prism 3.5 both near the mud at 125-140 ft.
After 2 fish on the other spoon, and nothing on the TKO, I pulled it up and ripped off the swivel and tied straight to the welded split ring. Swimming way faster now with more action, dumped down, Bang. Salmon. In the boat and back down, Bang.
You get the picture....It didn't take long to catch up on the Coyote for numbers and even the Halibut liked it. 6 Springs and a Flat one for 3 hours, not too bad for April. I'll post on the Tofino reports as well, but wanted to throw this in here regarding the spoon test.

Springtime%20Fishing%20April%202010

More good things to come...

J.

Tofino B.C.'s most recommended Fishing Outfitter.
www.tofinofishing.com

[/quote]

FYI.

The Coyote spoons are not being made with the same dies. They are very close, but not. The weights of the spoons differ as well. The "Chinese Coyotes" work, but having to change a hook out on a new product is sheer BS. Those hooks will last 2 days fishing, and that's all. Some of the finishes such as the half/half have definitely improved and the polishing on the spoons is now superior to the US made ones of yore.

Anyways, pick and choose the finishes which you're happy with, change out the hooks, adjust your troll speed and get out fishing!!!!

FM.

[/quote]

Fishin Magician,

Really? Can you please fill us in on your source on this one? They moved all the machines from Hood River to China. So you're telling us that they re-machined all the dies????????????? Why? to waste money? Seems strange....Please reveal your info source.

Hey RVP,

Any sign of those Sliver Horde spoons up at PNT yet?? I'm really looking for the Irish Creme & Cookies & Creme ones. PLMK if you get any & I'll come up & grab some.

Thanks, SS

Here is some feedback from The Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo:

"Hi Nathan
That green sample took 8 out of 9 fish yesterday! please make a bunch of that one for the may sale!
Cheers,
Dane "

This is what they were using: 'Solid Green' - this also comes in UV.

We are also happy to announce that The Harbour Chandler will have ZurTro Lures spoons available starting May 8th.

SolidGreen.jpg

That colour used to be the Henry Smith chinook catching colour in the 70's. Everything old is new again. I'll need some soon.

local is good...haven't bought a 'made in China' Coyote yet, and don't plan on it.
Can't wait to get some teeth marks on these things! (guess I need a boat that floats first[:I])

quote:Originally posted by Business Time

Hey Summer Steel,
Send me a pic of what your looking for and I will see what I can do for you. info@zurtrolures.ca

BT

Hey BT,

Right now, I'm really interested in getting my hands on the Silver Horde Irish Creme & Cookies'N'Creme spoons. I believe they are the only ones to have both Glow & UV on the same spoon, so I really want to give them a try. I do like the looks of some of your products so far, & I'm pretty sure some of them will find their way into my tackle collection.;) Will be looking for them down at the HC next weekend.

Thanks, SS

Back