New rods

weasonedog

Some punk broke into the boat and stole my rods, always take my reels home to wash them. But didn't bring home my penn 330's so they got them too. Anyway I am now in the process of buying
some new downrigger rods, just wondering what you fellow's use. Oh this happened in Ladysmith.

Thank-you
Tony

Thats rough! Sorry to hear. Makes me wonder if I should be bringing in my gear after each trip. Hope what goes around---- Comes around!

That sucks man. I leave lots of gear in my boat and am sure one day will get burned.

For new rods I highly recommend the Fenwick HMX 10.5ft mooching/downrigger rods. Awesome rods and they come with a 5 year warranty.

I second the HMXrods , I like the #1263 they go on sale sometimes for around $100 in Victoria
Shimano Convergence rods are a decent 2nd choice for about $65.

I feel for you man. My old man lost most of his tackle out of his boat, in his boat shed, in the driveway, on Quadra Island! $100's to $1000's later he's still rebuilding. Well at least you can blame some stupid punk; not like when I watched a rod vanish from sight into the deep after it was temporarily (and foolishly) placed on the boat awning when fighting a fish.

I am sorry about that.. Someone stolen my fishing gears, Downriggers, Rod, tackles worth over thousands dollars. I bought two new rod called Shimano Techniums TC4 10'6". This is a beautiful rod and lifetime warranty. Your choice to buy a rod only or rod with combo.

At your home, or at one of the marinas?

Some punk broke into the boat and stole my rods, always take my reels home to wash them. But didn't bring home my penn 330's so they got them too. Anyway I am now in the process of buying
some new downrigger rods, just wondering what you fellow's use. Oh this happened in Ladysmith.

Thank-you
Tony

MRACER
I had the boat at the Government wharf, I like to keep her in the water in the summer. From now on everything will be out of the boat and the door left open.
Thank-you for the reply's on the rod's.

I would say dont buy a HMX the latest blanks snap. and I had trouble returning them. They refused to replace after I broke my 3rd one this summer. Said I had to pay 89$ plus shipping. Screw that! I now have a Technium and love it. Oh yeah and when I bought the Technium the salesmen told me to try and break the rod in the store infront of him and I couldn't break it or even make it crack or nothing.

Cheers

-KK

I would say dont buy a HMX the latest blanks snap. and I had trouble returning them. They refused to replace after I broke my 3rd one this summer. Said I had to pay 89$ plus shipping. Screw that! I now have a Technium and love it. Oh yeah and when I bought the Technium the salesmen told me to try and break the rod in the store infront of him and I couldn't break it or even make it crack or nothing.

Cheers

-KK

I've got two HMX now and love them. I did break one earlier this year and it was replaced instantly for a $10 fee. I've broken lots of rods though and these stand up well. I gotta say tho that likely the rod got dented from one of my donwnrigger balls before it broke.

They're actually very strong and flexible and awesome to play a salmon on. But also a finer designed rod and more sensitive then others. Take care of them and they will last.

I used to dock at the Maritime society docks- no shortage of theft there either--Is there much space at the gov't dock in the summer? I was thinking of there for next summer and try fishing Porlier and tent island areas. Hope to see you on the water come spring!

MRACER
I had the boat at the Government wharf, I like to keep her in the water in the summer. From now on everything will be out of the boat and the door left open.
Thank-you for the reply's on the rod's.

MEACER
There is usually space in the summer as the commie boats are out fishing, but come September they are starting to return so you might have to raft with some one, I use my boat through out the year
I use my boat through out the year (weather permitting) and fish around tent for winters and the prawning is great as they are starting to get big.

Techniums are great rods, I just bought a two of MR3's and matched them up with a couple G Loomis rods. They are sweet but they're 250 dollars each!

Techniums are my choice , I run two and a Hmx as a 3rd . When I get a hit I always hope it's on one of the techniums !

I say Technium too unless you want a little more expensive, I love my Trophy Titan rods. (G. Loomis knockoff designed by Brian Babcock)

Back