New rod time.... This should be interesting.

I use Kufas as charter rods as well. They are good rods and durable.

I prefer the old technium mediums (I fish inshore mostly) but you can't get those anymore.

I don't think Loomis and sage numbers are relivant to this thread as it sounds like the op isn't looking to spend a mortgage payment on a couple rods.
Yeah and looking for 4 just to punish the wallet further.

I just picked up 4 shimano techniums (10' 6" Medium Heavy) last week from PNT Steveston. These really are the 'standard' for most charter guys and lodges on the coast and as others have mentioned they are good value. Quite durable and good for any sized salmon you're going to run into on BC's coast.

With Shimano technium, are you using the M or MH?

Any comments or feedback on this rod?

WCFT Tyee Series TS88i Mooching Rod​

I have one and like it enough I am going to get a second this season. However it looks like they are sold out on their website.

Cabelas is selling out their stock of WCFT Tyee Mooching Rods.
They're on sale, 30% off.
I wonder if those are the old model. Apparently the new ones have a little more backbone. Jeff was tweaking things after he had a couple seasons on the first run. They're pretty slick looking.

I wonder if those are the old model. Apparently the new ones have a little more backbone. Jeff was tweaking things after he had a couple seasons on the first run. They're pretty slick looking.
I think they are the second version as that’s what I have and it looks identical.

4 Fenwick HMX rods ordered today... Now to replace my Trevalas that grew legs last year and lets get it on! Thanks for all the input guys.

Just a warning about the Fenwick HMX rod.
At least for my and my boat, we've had real trouble with the reel seats, they don't seem to large enough and the reel seat screws tend of loosen and the reels fall off.
We've had two rods that we had to send back to Fenwick because the reels kept falling off, sometimes as your playing fish. We had it happen four of five times, twice the reels fell overboard into the drink.!!!! On one we were lucky that the line was tied to spool and we were able to retrieve the reel. Second one not so lucky. Lucky we got the Islander back, lost the North Coast reel. Not very happy.
I was a little slow on catching on what was happening, since they people using the reels weren't very experience. The first couple of times I caulked it up to an inexperienced angler. When it happened to me twice, I realized the screws were coming loose and the seat was so small any leeway would cause the reel to fall off. Ended up zip tying the reels to rod. This year we replaced the rods with Rapala Legacy rods and WCTF Tyees. We've used Legacy Rods for a couple of years now with great success. First year with the WCTF rods.

I definitely wouldn't recommend the Fenwick...

Back