New Peetz Reels

burnsy22

Has anyone used the new style Peetz wood reels with the updated drag? Smoothness compared to cork drags? Performance? Creep? Love the look just deciding between a. Peetz and a Trophy.
I have used a trophy before.

Thanks

I got an old 5" Peetz I've had for years converted and refurbished and have really liked it so far.Not as smooth as a cork drag but no creep whatsoever.And you gotta love the sound of a Peetz reel with a big spring tied on the other end.I believe it was $150.00 for everything which was a $100 cheaper than buying a new one.Something to think about if
you have an old beat up one kicking around.The thing came back looking like brand new!

Has anyone used the new style Peetz wood reels with the updated drag? Smoothness compared to cork drags? Performance? Creep? Love the look just deciding between a. Peetz and a Trophy.
I have used a trophy before.

Thanks
Had 5" done love it , better then the islanders $100 if you redo your own cleanup and garish

I have the stainless reel with new drag. Love it, no line creep, drag isn't as silky as my Abel's, but 1/4 the cost. Fun reel, has never let me down.

Back