Navionics Gold or Platinum card?

reelbender

Hey guys, pretty new to the site. Ill be picking up my new boat in a few weeks, and I'm going with a Lowrance HDS gen2 Touch for my chart plotter. My Question is do i go with the gold or is the platinum card worth the extra $$, any input on the 2 cards would be much appreciated
Cheers

I just upgraded my chart plotter and went with the navionics + chip. It has more detailed charts than the gold card and i believe they are the same as the platinum card. I think its basically the same as the platinum but without the satellite images. I'm no expert on the subject and im just going with what Denise at harbour Chandler told me. The navionics + ended up being cheaper than the gold chip when i got it too so it was a no brained for me.

Navionics is sending me a plus chip. My 1xg Americas chip is almost full so community edits can not be loaded. Sounds like a better card, as you load the areas you fish. I have an HDS7 gen 1 and looking to upgrade. The gen 3 touch seems to be better and cheaper overall. The gen 2 requires a $500 hub to run the structure scan and the Gen 3 has it built in. Bassproshops where I was says there is a Gen3 package that includes the transducer and saves a hundred bucks.

Back