Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Fantastic afternoon on the water,calm warm and the fish were biting. Ended up with three 19# 14# and 12#. We lost a few beauty's and threw back a couple,hot spoon was 3.5 green glow coyote at 200 feet

A salmon is a species of fish that has the uncanny ability to make men spend thousands of dollars..........

A buddy of mine was out today and wasn't able to get his prawn trap up. Evidently it is tangled on something and was too heavy to pull by hand. I told him I would post on here in case anyone is out with a hauler and wants to give it a go. Be careful though, he says it is quite heavy. It is about 500 yards south of five fingers island towards snake and has an old beat up red and white float. First part of the rope is red and then the rest is green. If not then he will cut it loose next time he is out. Thanks, if you do try be careful, no point in wrecking gear or hurting yourself, it's just one trap and can be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished 530am to 10am right off the fingers, tons of seaweed in close, ended up fishing in 1000-1300 feet of water. Caught 4 between 10-15lbs. Green glow flasher with 3.5" watermelon coyote. Flat calm, not a hit after 8am other than wee little guys and seaweed.

I had a trap stuck in Howe Sound last week, which the Ace Line Hauler completely stalled out, and I could not pull by hand. I tied it to a rear cleat and pulled it towards deeper water, then was able to retrieve it with the puller. semi-stalled 3 times tho. old logging cables? not much for marks on the rope or trap! good luck.

qa7evahe.jpg

2 bites yesterday off fingers, heading out again to thrasher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A BIG thank you to 7Deuce for the report of Killer Whales between Snake and Gabriola this afternoon. Thanks again Mike and you will have a $50 gift certificate waiting for you. Thanks to everyone who is taking part and giving me a call with whale info it really helps the fuel bill ;)

For those who haven't heard about what i am doing here it is again:

Give me a call with good whale info anywhere from Victoria to Texada with a time, direction of travel, number of animals and speed of travel. If I find them from your report I will give you a $50 gift certificate to Harbour Chandlers or the boat or tackle shop of your choice.

Simon cell # - 250 883 3358

Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching
Cowichan Bay

Back