Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Fished Thrasher from 8-3 today, 10# in boat in first five minutes north of Flat Top, Anchovy @ 80', few more on but lost them before 10 then nothing for rest of day

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to mention, son-in law lost gear, so I posted it here, and low and behold, he was able to get one set back...

Doesn't look like we will get a break from this wind anytime soon...lookin at tomorrow around 2pm for a launch....LAME.. goin crabbin..

Nice fish how many lbs? , you in the SFBC Derby?, to windy for my little boat today, still managed 5 dungeoness n 2 redrocks...

looking to take the kids out today by the fingers if the wind settles down. Any suggestions on depth and gear (limited time and kids interest!)

looking to take the kids out today by the fingers if the wind settles down. Any suggestions on depth and gear (limited time and kids interest!)

Every time I leave my gear at less than 120 feet I get cohos, and a couple of times right at the surface while setting. I was going to try the top 100 feet to get my kids into some salmon, but the wind...

By the look of this weeks forcast looks like there will be a lot of fighting the wind...got out there last night it started blown 15 knots so I packed it in ....

By the look of this weeks forcast looks like there will be a lot of fighting the wind...got out there last night it started blown 15 knots so I packed it in ....

"conservation winds"
Many fish will live because of them :(

Thanks grace underfire. Went out for a bit but with the wind it turned into a quick cruise! So much for light winds around noon.

Back