Nanaimo Area

I'm out tonight... :)

I'm out tomorrow, come join us
You better bring the wife tho so you can at least get some fish on board ;)
You know where I'll be

Five Fingers has been on fire all day today....Friday. Thrasher-grande hasn't been on fire...but a few around.

Awsome advice from all you fellows. I finally put a keeper in the boat this morning.
10:30 AM, just beforee tide change, 140 feet in 600 feet of water North west of the fingers, cop car with pink glo flasher.
Simply awsome, long powerful runs, lots of head shaking; ran at me 2 or 3 times and I thought it was gone. 32 lb white.
Thanks again for all your help. Cheers; twogone

IMGP0007.jpg

Wow nice write up and a TYEE to boot,
good on you

Awsome advice from all you fellows. I finally put a keeper in the boat this morning.
10:30 AM, just beforee tide change, 140 feet in 600 feet of water North west of the fingers, cop car with pink glo flasher.
Simply awsome, long powerful runs, lots of head shaking; ran at me 2 or 3 times and I thought it was gone. 32 lb white.
Thanks again for all your help. Cheers; twogone

View attachment 7390

You would not believe me but that is exactly what I put in the pm. I will try to retrieve it and send it again. CONGRATS ON THE FISH Cheers

Well boys... got to say a very cool evening fish tonight...thought I was on the WCVI for a minute..... killed a couple up to 15lbs release a couple up to that size.. and a bunch of line burn double headers that went South.. wow love the Georgia strait again.. :)

Well boys... got to say a very cool evening fish tonight...thought I was on the WCVI for a minute..... killed a couple up to 15lbs release a couple up to that size.. and a bunch of line burn double headers that went South.. wow love the Georgia strait again.. :)

Yup, it sure is on fire on this side. Great report. Thanks for sharing.

You getting out this weekend?

Maybe Sunday but just for a boat ride with Mike from the HC and his daughter. He is going to get my autopilot going. I'm trying to get this damn fresh water wash down system in place. Still working on it at 1:30 am lol!!!

Lets see some real time reports from Saturday morning. I am stuck at work today or otherwise I would be out there. I can see the water in White Rock is flat calm. Barely a ripple.

I would love to be out there with you this morning but I'm heading to the interior for some trout in a week or so and there is a 'honey do' list that needs to be dealt with first (like rats-on-stilts getting into the veggie garden). Maybe next week???? I hope you all have a day as good as mine was yesterday! AGAIN thanks for all your help and advice. I don't take much of the credit for that lovley fish; the credit goes to all you fellows, the kind folks at HC and to my partner who helped me land it. Cheers; twogone.

OH; and to my wife who let me buy the boat in the first place!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful fish , TwoGone!

Was out off Neck/Fingers yesterday...missed the early low slack...didn't start until about 1:30 pm just after high slack.

Caught 8 of which 7 were a centimeter or two undersize.......one was a nice keeper. All the others were released unharmed.

lure depth 90 to 130ft in waters from 120 to 800ft. Small modified Cop cars behind Super Gold Betsy and also small Tomic Irish Creme behind Chartreuse/Silver/ Glow.

Lots of boats over Entrance/Gabriola way....(I didn't go there---probably should have)
from what I could see.

Tried other rigs/lures as well.......at that time of day the crowd had thinned out considerably and I wasn't marking a heck of a lot of anything on the sounder.....

It was windier than they predicted up until about 3p.m.

TwoGone:- can you post a pic of that flasher you were using?

Was out off Thrasher yesterday. Had a friend who just retired to BC from Ontario. He had caught one Salmon years ago on a visit to BC and had caught Chinook and Coho in Lake Ontario. He was pretty pumped to be out on the water. We ended up landing 4 Springs 8 to 14 pounds and releasing another 4 just undersize. Splatterback Hoochie, Irish Crème and a Kitchen Sink were the producers. Depths were 85' to 130' on the wire. What a day for my buddy with flat seas and salmon action. You should have seen his smile!

IMGP0010.jpgOf course I can; with all the help you folks on the forum have given me I would be a real jerk if I didn't. I even found the bag the flasher came in. It's called "Ping Haze" and has a small sticker on it that says " UV Jelly Fish - Blue-Violet. I bought it at Harbour Chandler at their sale and it was the first time I used it. I also have a Purple Haze (which was reccommended at HC) but I put that on my partners line with a 3" Irish Cream spoon; he got 1 that was Ohhhhh mm too short. I will do my best with the photos and I think the spoon is called a cop car, at least that is what another fellow at the Brechin ramp said it was. The background in the photo is just simple disgusting bragging I know but I'm sure I'll be forgiven just once. How do you like the cool flasher wallet my wife made out of an old flannell bed sheet?
Cheers; twogoneIMGP0008.jpg

TwoGone:- thanks for posting that !.....(if I nailed a 32 lb'er I'd have that pic up for sure as well!)

I'll pick a couple of those up......think they would be good choice for low light conditions or earlier in the morning or later on in the afternoon.

That looks Like a Zurtro Cop Car......:)))....built-in UV

You were fishing in the a.m. right?

Again congrats!

Back