Nanaimo and area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out early (5am) jigging for lingcod in my kayak, had a spring about 15 lbs take the jig, after a sleigh ride and 10 minute battle had a seal damn near capsize me as I prepared to get the fish on board. Lost the fish and the jig when my 14lb leader parted.

quote:Originally posted by Bait Ban

Out early (5am) jigging for lingcod in my kayak, had a spring about 15 lbs take the jig, after a sleigh ride and 10 minute battle had a seal damn near capsize me as I prepared to get the fish on board. Lost the fish and the jig when my 14lb leader parted.

Hey Bait Ban

Love that story, sorry to hear you lost the fish though. Hope the seal didn't get a free meal, and add insult to injury.

BTW, love your name. Nice to see a few new posters joining in the discussion recently. Keep it up.

Went out of Schooner this morning around 10 am for a quick trip. I barely had the gear down when I got a double header. These are always fun when fishing alone :D I grabbed the rod that was pulling the hardest and got about a 12 lb white spring. By the time I had the fish landed and stored the other rod had quit pulling. Ones better than nothing I thought and started to reel in the second line, just about got it to the boat when a good sized coho grabbed it and did a couple of good runs. I had to release the coho as it was a wild but it was probably around the 5 to 6 lb mark. Nice to see the coho starting to show again. I got the spring on a purple haze hootche at 160 ft and the coho was on a copcar spoon. I had a couple more undersized springs on before I had to leave at noon.

Nice report Gronk:). Love it when you hit them on the way up. Like you said great to see some coho around. Truly miss the old day's:(.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

got out yesterday afternoon for a few hours, got a nice spring in the mid twenties out just off entrance in an area you couldn't have fished a couple years ago due to seals, I've been noticing their population is down in the entrance area, thinking those transient orcas may have hammered them back. anyways nice red spring, took a few runs, my nicest fish of the year so far. then pulled the gear to target ling. and after some fishing around found a great ling hole, so that's good for my daughter who tells me to catch a ling cod for her every time I go out. ;) I had also trolled off the fingers for a couple hours on the ebb then moved, got the spring on the slack.

got out yesterday afternoon for a few hours, got a nice spring in the mid twenties out just off entrance in an area you couldn't have fished a couple years ago due to seals, I've been noticing their population is down in the entrance area, thinking those transient orcas may have hammered them back. anyways nice red spring, took a few runs, my nicest fish of the year so far. then pulled the gear to target ling. and after some fishing around found a great ling hole, so that's good for my daughter who tells me to catch a ling cod for her every time I go out. ;) I had also trolled off the fingers for a couple hours on the ebb then moved, got the spring on the slack.

Anyone have any reports from today?

Anyone have any reports from today?

Not out there lately,looks like wind on the water for next 1-3 days,would be nice without the choppy water..GOING TO BE HOT-HOT-HOT on shore you bet!!:(

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

got two twenties off thrasher today in the middle of the flood,

Depth?

Went out around 6pm today and got a 14lb spring in the gap at Winchelsea 150 ft with a green and silver spoon. Saw a few other boats that were fishing Gerald bringing back a couple as well.

the fish at thrasher were 150' fished flora today got one around 10lb, fished sangster got nothing, trolled off french creek for a bit in front of white door, nothing. the catching wasn't great, but a nice way to beat the heat

Wed evening - Fished the fingers. Hit 4, boated one 14#. All at 170ft on an army truck squirt.
Thursday - Sharpened hooks.
R

Went out Sunday evening and fished Ballenas, got a one spring 13lbs on a green and silver spoon at 160 ft

Hi Guys new here and loving the amount of updates and info. Heres my report from Saturday....Fished Point Grey on the am tide Put one 15# red in the box and released two under sized. Headed over to the Cap area (pink app) got two clipped Coho 6 and 7lb ,back over to pt Grey for the pm tide ,hooked a nice Spring that my buddy did a long line release on and let three more under size go.All on bait.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back