Nanaimo and area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out today....some VERY consistent action... 155-185 was the ticket on the "dill pickle" hoochie/green spackleback..... Green Glow was also good!

Went out Sunday, got lucky with both the wind and rain holding off though it was forcast. Best success was in front of Clark Rock. 3 springs to boat. 1 9lbs bonked and boxed. P cod were thick as ever, but easier to detect on line as they seemed to be far larger than previously caught. Green seems to be the magic color right now.

Thinking of running over from Vancouver to the gulf islands (thrasher, etc) this coming weekend. Any updated reports from Thrasher Rock area / Nanaimo would be appreciated. I've fished there a few times in the past and done OK but usually in the Springtime so hopefully there are some feeders around. Thanks in advance for any updates

It is quiet in this " Nanaimo area report thread "...
Has anyone been out fishing lately on the Mid - Eastcoast of Vancouver island?. This weekend we will be exploring the north end of Nanaimo and toward Deepbay area.
we are doing well with crabs just on the right of French Creek harbour at 60 to 75 feet deep, prawns were awesome, 350 - 400 feet deep water and also just to the right outside of French Creek.... fishing was poorly 2 weeks ago but it is showing lots of baits and birds around.
Hopefully we will catch one or two this weekend, we will let you all know how we do....

have a great weekend of fishing everyone!...
Tom

Looking back through my fishing logs, it seems to slow considerably this time of year when the herring are around in abundance. I think the fish are simply full most of the time. That said, if I could get out and at least give it a try I would but newborns tend to interfere...

I here ya Ratherbe....3 month olds tend to do the same thing...and this ****** weather not allowing me to work on the boat doesn't help either.

I do agree, the weather is ****** lately.
It was flat this morning, however heard the weather channel the wind will picking up this afternoon and will be strong for a few days...
we were over Bamfield for the Loggers derby, it was also poor fishing and only about 20 fish were brought in for the weight in but it was a great time...

will try again next weekend if the weather permit...

Maybe the other side...

Every time I check BWD Pipers and itz poor, P/A Harbour is/has been flat.
Rumour has it there are/were a few milling around the last couple of seasons.
That or a sailboat on the Nanaimo side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back