Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2011

got three feeders in nanaimo yesterday, most were close to hudson rock we did a big circle out past the fingers but nothing was happening out there, lost the fourth fish to a seal thought it was a huge spring until it ripped the fish off, thought I lost a huge spring until I retrieved the jaw of another feeder. crabbing was good. was too choppy to go far, heading out to thrasher today see if we can find some bigger guys, have a buddy from the US up he caught his first salmon yesterday, it was a nice day.

Cool, thanks. I might need to get one. I see that the GoPro can even be attached to a car. Sweet.

Fished nanaimo may 16th

We got into 3 Nice fish off the Fingers... about 1 mile off...
Lost all 3 to Seals..... just brutal... fish hit the Speckel Back and Anchovie...

Radars not working right nor it the Chartlplotter... any recommendations for tech guys around nanaimo... Thanks..

We got into 3 Nice fish off the Fingers... about 1 mile off...
Lost all 3 to Seals..... just brutal... fish hit the Speckel Back and Anchovie...

Radars not working right nor it the Chartlplotter... any recommendations for tech guys around nanaimo... Thanks..

Try Dane at Harbour Chandler

A belated report for Sunday due to trips to Van for wife's cancer. Didn't mark a lot of fish, but decent amount of scattered bait. first up was a squid taken (spackleback) at 160 feet. A while later we boated an 18 pounder on a green sonic edge. We were at 140 feet in 900 +/- feet. Some time later I picked up a 22 pounder (same spoon) in 750 feet of water, 140 feet down, just off the Humps. Fairly slow day, although there were scattered reports of fish taken through the day.

Any fish being taken around the Fingers lately? Been pretty quiet on the radio. It will be a great day on the water today. Winchelsea was dead yesterday.

there is an algea bloom starting in the nanaimo area, it's a little clearer farther out past entrance, big tide yesterday after noon,

yesterday

Any fish being taken around the Fingers lately? Been pretty quiet on the radio. It will be a great day on the water today. Winchelsea was dead yesterday.

It was sporadic yesterday but fish were being taken, mostly in deeper water. We picked up two in 1100 to 1450 feet of water, spackleback @ 170 feet. 16 pounds and Bart's 31 1/2 pounder

Attachments

• bart1_332x480.jpg
    bart1_332x480.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 79
  • bart2_640x362.jpg
    bart2_640x362.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 72
It was sporadic yesterday but fish were being taken, mostly in deeper water. We picked up two in 1100 to 1450 feet of water, spackleback @ 170 feet. 16 pounds and Bart's 31 1/2 pounder

Nice fish, thanks for keeping us posted. I was headed out today but the 150 won't go up or down, the pump is makin noise but the motor doesn't move!!

tried fishing at winchelsea this morning but the algea was too thick, tried ballenas with the same result hope it clears soon

Any report for today for fingers or gabriola area? Heading out tomorrow morning and I am still pretty green as far as the fishing thing goes.

Heard from another forum that the fishing was pretty good today, fish being taken off the fingers on irish creme spoons and splatterback hootchies. Check out vifishing.org, nanaimo or gabriola thread.

lucky ling

Rob and I fished the deep waters between Schooner and Nanaimo, Rob got a nice spring using a plug at 120 ft. Not much algea out there

Back