Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2011

I sent you some pics of those fish maybe you could post the one with the Canucks towel. I'll be on 68 were gonna do Gerald for the bite then head in to Schooner to fill up then who knows.There were a ton of boats at Ballenas yesterday and the only fish was a 12lber by KTanna. BRS

gregs.jpg

Nice fish. Looks like you caught em all.

flew over and back to Sechelt oday from Nanaimo. looked like an awesome day. A few boats off the fingers later this afternoon. Anything come in?

Was into some fish today. Nothing bigger than low teens but did release a 5lb hatch coho which was nice to see. Fish are spread out from ballenas to sangster.

Kelly, when you say that the fish are spread out from Ballenas to Sangster, do you mean at Ballenas and Sangster, or all the way in between?
I was at both the other day, and nothing.
Lure-washer

We hit two springs at Gerald between 1230-130 did one pass at ballenas and hit a fish while bringing the gear up but lost it. Then we goofed around with lings and fished sangster 4- 445 and landed another spring. 140-150ft. What boat were you?

Thursday off Fingers/Neck, we lost 3 and boated 3. Scrappers at 180 in 450 on Spackleback. All between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
Late afternoon/evening bite same area was reported to be stronger.

Oh ya forgot to add that we released another hatch coho today about 5lbs. Nice to see them around.

Few pics take from our video clips. New film coming out next week hopefully.

uvs110604-001.jpg

uvs110604-003.jpg

uvs110604-004.jpg

uvs110604-002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly,

A little off subject, but IMO that top photo has got to be one of the coolest fishing pics I have ever seen! Nice work and thanks for sharing....

Capt. Red

Friday night, boated one around 25 lbs white around 9 pm only bite..150 feet in 450 feet of water off neck point

Kelly,

A little off subject, but IMO that top photo has got to be one of the coolest fishing pics I have ever seen! Nice work and thanks for sharing....

Capt. Red

I agree nice pic guy's! I would have that blown up into a poster at London Drugs its pretty cheap now.

Was out Saturday off the fingers, lost one to a seal. 150 feet on army truck hootchie, green hotspot flasher.

Fished Gabe on Sat.... got 2 then some nice ling... fish today.... Sunday.. took a beating weather wise.. and at the pub in Silva Bay... first time ive been sunked in over a year..... gotta blame the weather for this one...lol....

We got blown around pretty good off the Fingers today. At 5 a.m. it was nice but the wind picked up. Saw one net out at 0700 about 2 miles out. No fish for us today...but soon!

Cheers,

BL

Back