my next (last) project boat

Looks awesome Alberni! Here are some pics of my old 23 hourston that I did a complete resto on. Watching this thread makes me miss the old girl so I had to take a trip down memory lane!
The floor is gelcoat with walnut shells, and I once had a 135 hali in the hold and was able to shut the lid. The fuel tank is under the floor and half way between the cab and back deck. The floor in the cabin is removable so I could slide the tank out if I needed too. There are also drain tubes with removable plugs under the hold that connect the front bilge / fuel tank area to the back bilge without contaminating the fish hold. The first 2 photos were taken a couple years after I sold her, and was being used as a water taxi by the guy who bought the boat.

MK Bday Boat Trip 149.jpgMK Bday Boat Trip 153.jpg2005_0817Image0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics Alberni. I too have a project on the go. 21 ft K&C. I am really interested in how the side pockets go together. Please post some pics of this as you put them together. It would sure be appreciated!
Awesome job. Seeing your work helps me to be inspired and perhaps I am doing the right things so far!:)

While your doing the deck side storage,consider having a toe rail run the length of it.I kept my fiberglass storage trays up 2 1/2 -3". I found it made a huge difference tucking my toes in there while playing fish in rough weather.

Not much has got done on my boat the last little while because I've been working on my son's car... Back to work on the boat this weekend
WIN_20150208_110145_zpsgyxtecnz.jpg

WIN_20150208_110201_zpsljogv2is.jpg

20150211_163857%20-%20Copy_zps3em1wind.jpg

20150211_164023%20-%20Copy_zpsrjuu9k0l.jpg

20150211_163914%20-%20Copy_zpskzxpyba6.jpg

Great job, just did the truck with a rattle can. Not looking like your sons car?? Bring on the boat build... please.

HM

Side pockets are glassed in place, Figure I have another hour of glasswork/touchups left on the boat. Next I get to dig into the big pile of boxes :)
IMG_2010_zpswkzk6ous.jpg

IMG_2011_zpsqj07cahl.jpg

IMG_2012_zpsxzymrdre.jpg

IMG_2013_zpsazbfiahl.jpg

A man of many talents. Nice work on your sons car and can't wait to see the progression of your boat. Just wondering if you are keeping tabs on the total cost of the project, minus your labour of course. It would be nice to see what something like this would cost if someone had even close to your talents.

Picked up a couple things that might make installing them goodies a little easier bud, let me know if you need any help,.
7ad9110b0c7d1f89f5e00f6e3e564bb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Owen, gonna have a big bucket of KFC here when I start the wiring...
I'd come help you on any windy day man, don't even need to supply KFC.

Resently I learnt how to install most of the stuff you have their in them boxes. Even bought the 3 3/8's hole saw for the smart gauge. Don't try useing a 3.5" it's a C hair two big.

Boat is going in the paint booth tommorow, decided on zolotone, marble stone for the inside of the boat. Thought I'd get that done before I do all the wireing
Here is the colour
ZT-20-63-Marble-Stone1_zps6cprmuxa.jpg

Back