Motor mounted electric kickers? Tried one?

That is not correct. He does not need a 200ah battery pack in order to troll. To use as main power at speeds of 25kmh or better in short spurts, perhaps. His unit ran on two to four lead acid batteries in it's previous life.

However if we must;

24v 200Ah Li-Ion, 150A BMS, Max discharge current: 200, Standard 5A, fast 10A, Continuous discharge current: 150Amps, Resistance: Less than 100 mohms, 2500W to 3000W, 200 x 400 x 220mm, Battery pack weight : About 22kg, 10A Charger
Cost: Aprox. $1,774.92 CAD

That’s cheaper then I thought, I’m getting more interested.

In its previous life as you stated 2 or 4 lead acid batteries, assuming deep cycle house type batteries.
That would be 200ah or 400ah

So, with some great advice on the specs and sourcing from @StormTrooper, there is a battery bank enroute. It's 100ah 24v with custom amperage to match the motor, using Lithium Iron Phosphate cells built in a waterproof case similar to a pelican case. It came in just over $1000 including shipping, so including the motor it's just under $2000. Much lower than my expectations. We'll see how it performs. It's all mounted and waiting for the battery to arrive. When on plane it is completely out of the water with no spray.

Great choice on chemistry. Did it come with a charger?

they look awsome. always wondered how well they d work. cant wait for a performance review...

I'm really interested in seeing how this goes, and is something I'd definitely be interested in for my 'next boat' if feasible I'd consider customizing what needs to be customized around the needs to allow the system to perform. Hopefully rechargeable by plugging into shore power over night, without the need to remove the batteries from the boat.

My lawnmower, weedeater, leaf blower, car, all electric. Have a Tesla. Like electric.

That's pretty interesting, looking forward to see how they handle the pull of the tides and winds on the chuck.

Cool stuff.

Same chemistry as what Andrew P is using. Notice that the batteries didn't go boom.

yesterday was the first test of the first battery pack that I got. 24V 100ah and weighs in about 40lb (haven't actually weighed). The control of the boat (3800lb) was great and the silence was awesome. The battery lasted 1.75 hours of trolling. I am overall very happy with it and figure if I add a couple more of these battery packs, it should be pretty good for a day of fishing. Oh yeah, 5 chinook to the boat in that time too.

yesterday was the first test of the first battery pack that I got. 24V 100ah and weighs in about 40lb (haven't actually weighed). The control of the boat (3800lb) was great and the silence was awesome. The battery lasted 1.75 hours of trolling. I am overall very happy with it and figure if I add a couple more of these battery packs, it should be pretty good for a day of fishing. Oh yeah, 5 chinook to the boat in that time too.

That's awesome! Any more pics? Like of the electric motors while the boat is on plane, the battery, etc

How long did you go on a charge?

How long did you go on a charge?

Also Is this the kind you have?

https://www.stevestonmarine.com/engine-mount/Minn-Kota-Mk80Em-24V-Engine-Mount-1370620

Last edited:
Back