Mooching / Downrigger Rods

I do alot of stinging and have always used a 10 1/2 but thinking of going to a 9 or 9.5 and braided rather than mono. May be able to sting a little deeper with less drag from the mono and may be able to stick that gamy a bit faster with a little less flex in the rod. I think I just talked myself into it.

I really like the feel of my Temple Fork 9'. However, I have gone through 2 ends in a year (one of which I fault the rod). My buddy is a die hard fly fisherman in Calgary, and swears by them for the price.

Anyone besides me running 9' rods ? Got over ten years on some Shimano Roughnecks and its time for an upgrade. Last year I saw a Temple Fork that seemed nice but shops don't seem to stock a lot of 9' downriggers .

Did you do a 9' unit Derby ?

River Sportsman in Campbell River carry the Temple Fork 9' Downrigger rod.Had one shipped to me a few weeks ago
and as of then they only had 2 more in stock.Havn't had a chance to try it yet,but heard good reviews and their
warranty is very good as well.Nice looking rod with a full parabolic action to it.Can't wait to try it out!

Back