Merc 175

Better stop looking for that 200hp I want, called another suggested dealership and the price was $400 more , Crazy !
28% increase in 200hp engine price in less than one year ....... time to go Walleye fishing in Sask maybe !
Hey bud, i have a friend with a boat shop in AB and he told me there are MAJOR supply issues with almost all brands right now and not gonna get better for a while. I wouldn't let a few hundred bucks stop you from getting what you want. He's having a hard time getting engines for brand new boats coming from manufacturers and they
get first dibs.

Hey bud, i have a friend with a boat shop in AB and he told me there are MAJOR supply issues with almost all brands right now and not gonna get better for a while. I wouldn't let a few hundred bucks stop you from getting what you want. He's having a hard time getting engines for brand new boats coming from manufacturers and they
get first dibs.
Got a budget set and unfortunately I've decided not this year, 24% mark up is just a little excessive for me , even in fishing. So looks like in addition to no Bacon, it's no New engine this year :(. I'll make due with my trusty Ocean Pro , maybe Santas Bringing me a new leg :)

Last edited:
Stuff is up every year. Some years inflation goes up drastically. 2023 will only go up again. Every year when we get new price sheets is always going up

Stuff is up every year. Some years inflation goes up drastically. 2023 will only go up again. Every year when we get new price sheets is always going up
Inflation in general is very high due to Canada printing so much money

Curious what makes you say they will go down in price in a year ?
One of the problems with all manufacturing right now is the supply chain which has been broken due to covid which has led to increased prices. Most manufacturer's are working to build up inventory this year , the supply issue should be solved by 2023 leading to falling prices.

One of the problems with all manufacturing right now is the supply chain which has been broken due to covid which has led to increased prices. Most manufacturer's are working to build up inventory this year , the supply issue should be solved by 2023 leading to falling prices.
I agree with you, I have a Jan 2001 quote and Oct 2021 quote The increase noted the product price is only a 3.8% increase. However the bottom line on the deal has increased 24% . Why , its simply no incentives offered this year by dealers or mfgs, which is probable driven in most part by the lack of product availability due to covid ! and the dealers having no choice but to make hey when they can because of the limited product, but can you blame them ...... they are trying to survive as well ! Someone will buy it ! And ya I agree in a 2-3 years covid free we will see a return to normality and availability, I will just have to wait and use my ocean pro (sorry for the exhaust guys but it is what it is lol)

Back