Mailing frozen seafood?

N2013

Any idea on how to send frozen fish back east? Looking into options on sending fish back east without having to fly myself. Sounds expensive the more I think about it.

Remember the old saying 'if you have to ask the price you can't afford it'.

One of the big courier companies would be best-downtown city to downtown another city with the receiving party doing in person pickup but given how shoddy service is for something as simple as a package of Tea bought from a store in Edmonton & delivered to Vancouver I wouldn't chance it.

Not exactly what you’re after, but I successfully mail smoked fish every year (around Xmas)

I just attempted this through Canada Post. Didn't make it in time. Try Purolator. Would've cost about $70. for under 4 lbs.Seemed expensive till the fish was tossed!!

Take it to the airport and ship air cargo have your buddy pick it up on the other end.
The only issue you may have is they will hold it at the originating station for 24 hours before putting it on an airplane unless you are a known shipper.

Lots of wineries in the Okanagan use ATS Healthcare to ship wine to wine club members, because they have climate controlled vehicles for medical deliveries. It has become a useful value add for the company since the trucks are on the road anyway.

Back