Lumber Prices

Things are so crazy. I sold my beater Honda Civic last night after posting it for 10min on Marketplace. Its been sitting for a year, tires where shot, radiator was leaking, and the engine made a terrible metal growling sound when accelerating. I was considering donating it to kidney care but sure enough dude shows up with 1000bucks in cash and drives off with it. Crazy times we are living in.

Yup,, I was thinking of buying a small boat for behind the quad for going into some backwoods lakes ( like I need a 4th boat ) but I sold one I had for that purpose now miss it. Anyways there was nothing but beat up junk for sale locally but sure enough its all sold by now. Anything decent I just couldn’t bring myself to pay what they are asking.

I'm going back to the old bag footing system for the next foundation. Can't bring myself to pay for 2x6 and 2x8 for footings. Stack them as well as I can, but most of them are too warped for framing by the time we get to that point.

News said they expect the prices at the box box stores to go up July 1 as they adjust there prices quarterly on what the prices does is the pervious quarter.

I just received a lumber quote from Windsor Plywood and they said the quote was valid till July 25. And would re quote it if prices went down. Hoping this is sign that prices have flattened and “maybe” starting to drop.

Had a spirited convo with contractor sales Mgr at my local today. Had them quote a list of ten lumber and plywood items and then showed my invoice for identical list I had purchased minutes earlier at Rona. Price difference on that mixed load was $950, so this was very much a wtf discussion. Never quite got to the word "profiteering", but it was on the tip of my tongue.

I've had an account with these guys for over 20 years and have spent literally millions there. I sit on the board of the local CHBA with one of their guys and try hard to support them and other CHBA members, but again, WTF?

Some weird **** going on there of late and I decided to have a sniff. I only visit the big boxes very occasionally, when they stock something I can't get at my regular place. But when form ply jumps from 94 a sheet to 145 in 2 weeks, and a single 2x10x10 jumps to an even 50, I finally decided to do some price checking. Not. Happy. Jan.

My understanding is that the box boxes adjust prices quarterly, Atlest that’s what the guy on the radio said. He said expect an increase July 1 at the big boxes.

i suspect that lumber yards adjust their prices more frequently so while they may go up faster they may also go down faster.

the guy on the radio said that the price is too high and according to his contacts that this thing is gonna take two years to come back to a new normal and that the new normal for a sheet of plywood they are speculating will be like 40 to 50 bucks.

50 would be nice when 1/2" std fir is 90+. And OSB is even more!

Preliminary construction drawings coming this week. I might pimp them out to some builders to see how bad it really is....I'm pretty sure this house build is gonna hit the shelf until all this ******** is over.

Preliminary construction drawings coming this week. I might pimp them out to some builders to see how bad it really is....I'm pretty sure this house build is gonna hit the shelf until all this ******** is over.
General contractor I know is building his house and lumber worked out to $45 a square foot. Just the structure. That’s a lot in case you’re wondering haha

Had a spirited convo with contractor sales Mgr at my local today. Had them quote a list of ten lumber and plywood items and then showed my invoice for identical list I had purchased minutes earlier at Rona. Price difference on that mixed load was $950, so this was very much a wtf discussion. Never quite got to the word "profiteering", but it was on the tip of my tongue.

I've had an account with these guys for over 20 years and have spent literally millions there. I sit on the board of the local CHBA with one of their guys and try hard to support them and other CHBA members, but again, WTF?

Some weird **** going on there of late and I decided to have a sniff. I only visit the big boxes very occasionally, when they stock something I can't get at my regular place. But when form ply jumps from 94 a sheet to 145 in 2 weeks, and a single 2x10x10 jumps to an even 50, I finally decided to do some price checking. Not. Happy. Jan.
Was this at HH? I always thought their prices beat Rona's in Pen.

So did I, for years. Price checking more now.

You get first crack at it. It’s in North Saanich. Excavation June 16th
What is the value? Few hundy?

Back