Lumber Prices

You think lumber prices are bad try renovating your bath room and getting trades to come in. Have to pay to just get quotes and then guys won’t even come in for 200 an hour Everyone’s too busy.
Sure I get it I’m just a little guy but I’m willing to pay twice the normal rate. All cash if they want it.

is what it is, managed to get a plumber and an electrician to come in and move stuff around and just doing all the rest of the stuff myself.

Last edited:
You think lumber prices are bad try renovating your bath room and getting trades to come in. Have to pay to just get quotes and then guys won’t even come in for 200 an hour Everyone’s too busy.
Sure I get it I’m just a little guy but I’m willing to pay twice the normal rate. All cash if they want it.

is what it is, managed to get a plumber and an electrician to come in and move stuff around and just doing all the rest of the stuff myself.
There’s a shortage of abs pipe too. Not just lumber. It’s best to save your money this year and push Reno’s off until next year when there will be more supply and less demand. For now, stick to upgrades on your house that you are comfortable with completing yourself. Painting, landscaping, baseboards. Easy cheaper things that add a lot of a bang for your buck.

For anyone that really likes to follow lumber prices or just has a bunch of extra time (BECAUSE THEY ARENT SALMON FISHING), the provincial and federal governments publish weekly info:

For detailed info, Keta Kosman, the publisher of Madisons Lumber Reporting, has been doing weekly podcasts that are very informative:

What a time to be alive.
Just look at the futures market and get daily or even hourly prices .
or any commodity for that matter just click on the quote

Hey I just got my pressure treated prices locked in until may 30. After may 30 it goes up 70 percent. Let me know if anyone needs any. I'll let you go through my account if it's personal use.

Bring your portable mill over. I've got lot's of wind fall/dead fall I'd sell! :) Spruce, Hemlock, Maple. At those prices I think I might just have to set something up like that. Wood mining, forget gold mining.

Hey I just got my pressure treated prices locked in until may 30. After may 30 it goes up 70 percent. Let me know if anyone needs any. I'll let you go through my account if it's personal use.
Where are you at?

How about I buy a truck, resell it and we split the profits?!

North Vancouver
Hey Brett, I'm in N.Van too and need some pressure treated for framing a patio deck cover, I could donate some fishing gear, I have a coupla boat loads from when I used to charter, lol. Probably selling my boat and getting into lake fishing, at least it's open.

Lumber prices must be hight First Nations telling the hippies to go take a hoke and protest somewhere else.

Hey Brett, I'm in N.Van too and need some pressure treated for framing a patio deck cover, I could donate some fishing gear, I have a coupla boat loads from when I used to charter, lol. Probably selling my boat and getting into lake fishing, at least it's open.
If you want to give me a call tomorrow ill let you know how to get a hold of it. 778 835 9557. But essentially just go to standard lumber and give my company name. Roostercarpentry. They'll give you my prices until may 31. Then June 1 it goes up..

A superintendent friend of mine Said the project he is working on there already bought and stockpiled all the wood in the underground parking
Slegg in Victoria is now only securing price quotes for three days , everyone is hoarding lumber which inevitably will drive prices up even further..

I have a small construction company in the Comox Valley and I am starting to get pretty worried about all this, it seems like everything is getting so expensive that people will be starting to pull out on projects soon.

I have a small construction company in the Comox Valley and I am starting to get pretty worried about all this, it seems like everything is getting so expensive that people will be starting to pull out on projects soon.
Which in theory will drop prices. Then everyone will be buying lumber again, which will raise prices. Around and around we go!

Any pics of the new machine in action ??
I have only taken a couple I have some more but the website says they are too large to upload. I will try again tomorrow

Attachments

• 1893BB7B-545E-477F-9A71-674FE2914635.jpeg
    1893BB7B-545E-477F-9A71-674FE2914635.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 131
  • C766D124-9CB3-421E-8CAE-B737DDE791AD.jpeg
    C766D124-9CB3-421E-8CAE-B737DDE791AD.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back