Lumber Prices

EWP and plywood and OSB will stay short supply/ high price all year because of the damage to chemical plants in the Texas floods some months ago. That also affects some plastics, particularly PVC - expect vinyl windows to continue to be a problem. Dimension lumber hopefully coming down some now that the spring building start surge has peaked.

And wtf is with steel prices? 10M rebar jumped $2 a stick earlier this month. And yet 15M price stayed same.

It’s best to save your money this year and push Reno’s off until next year when there will be more supply and less demand.

Believe me if i did not have to do this bathroom reno i would not but having only one bath/shower with 3 kids is a bit tough. It was the one project that we wanted to do when we bought this house. Basically all the materials have been double what they were a couple years ago. We figure its going to cost about 10 grand doing most of the work our ourselves spent about 5k so far. but still cheaper than the 20-25 grand we were quoted to get it done.

Anyone know if Hardie siding went up in price significantly also?

on Monday i worked on the first three story town house project in western Canada to use ICF Insulated concrete forms , with the price of lumber in the sky we will see more n more of this .
Who told you this was the first one
Pretty well the same product and quad lock from the looks of it and there has been plenty of those
We did a 4 story old folks home In Sidney with a church in it out of same material

Who told you this was the first one
Pretty well the same product and quad lock from the looks of it and there has been plenty of those
We did a 4 story old folks home In Sidney with a church in it out of same material
Yep, Quad Lock has been around 26 (or is it 27?) years now. BC based and super versatile. Surely not the first 3 floor town homes built with it. Highly developed, mature product.

bricklayer for hire brick's blocks and mortar how we build them in the UK...lol

I took delivery of a lift of metal roofing last week for the cabin. Darned if I was going to scrap the crate and dunnage it came packed in! Spent 2 hours pulling the crate apart - salvaged eight scrubby 2x4x16’s and a pile of shorts. Not the nicest wood by a long shot but will be plenty good enough for sill and top plates and cripple studs for a small shed I plan to build.

Did you get yours yet? How do you like it?
Going to get it next days off in about a week. Ended up going with the 32”. The fellow called and just wasn’t sure when his order would be in. He said maybe end of July now but even at that who knows with the way things are backed up. But he had bought 4, 32” from another dealer in AB that had over ordered and for $400 more I could have one, so I jumped on it. Will still have to wait on a bed extension but this gets me able to get set up anyways.

Back