lower mainland tackle shops

comin to the coast this weekend ,which tackle shops have best selection/prices.Lookin for a salmon rod.(St croix possibly)

Where are you going to be? Lots of good shops in the LM.....just depends where you are.

If you are near Richmond, go to Berry's Bait and Tackle. Great prices and awesome service. (great prices are relative to Vancouver, I have no idea what prices are anywhere else)
If you are near Coquitlam, I suggest Sea-Run fly and tackle. Great selection of rods and gear. They will price match if something is advertised lower.
In Vancouver Pacific Angler is a popular choice. Very knowledgeable but I dont know how their supply is. Every time I go, they don't have what I want in stock? I think it had something to do with them changing locations and not wanting to move stock, but I don't know?
Many people also go to Steveston Marine, but I find them expensive.

Steveston Marine on W 5th (1600 block), Pacific Angler on Broadway just west of Main (new location), Army and Navy West Hasting (take a 9 mm with you).

Nikka in Steveston is definitely my choice in the lower mainland, they have a vast selection of stuff.

I agree with all above....Pacific Angler just opened up their new, bigger location too.

Just my opinion as I live very close to it........Steveston is a rip off on fishing tackle and more expensive than the other stores in Vancouver. I have compared exactly identical items between there and other stores and they are always higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I,m driving through Pitt Meadows and into vancouver to watch the nuckleheads kick some oil a$$.How does outdoor Wholesale in Langley compare? P.S. thanks for this info guys .

Last edited by a moderator:
I,m driving through Pitt Meadows and into vancouver to watch the nuckleheads kick some oil a$$.How does outdoor Wholesale in Langley compare? P.S. thanks for this info guys .

there usually out of stock on anything I ever need... but army & navy langley is 5 mins away and have better stock !

don't know why I always go to no sale sports first, cause it's always to A&N after !

If you're going through Pitt Meadows, you could stop at Riverside, right on your way. Great folks there in POCO.

I don't find any one shop in the lower mainland the 'best' for pricing. Stevensons yes, can be more expensive, quite often, but catch a sale and you can save some pretty decent coin from others. If you are in the stevensons harbor area in richmond, its a pleasure (and costly) to swing into the 'Big 3', Nitka, PNT, and Stevenson. I find hoochies cheaper at one, and spoons cheaper at another ect ect. I'm sure all will price match.
Sea Run Fly n Tackle is a great little shop thats been helpful in custom needs of mine.

Army and Navy and Wholesale are hit or miss. I find A&N is where I end up shopping nearly all the time if its between the two. Nothing really beyond your usual shimano rapala berkley products. I'd look in Nitka for some of your higher end rods, there selection is pretty great.

Back