WCFT New Products Launch 2023 - OPEN DISCUSSION

Our trip to Port Eliza Lodge was another memorable one and thanks to Jeff at Westcoast Fishing Tackle we added the twist of having our guides participate in a one day derby of sorts. All Chinook caught on the Little Phat-E No Bananas version (barbs flattened of course), that each guide was provided, was in the running and a number of fish were weighed in for the win on Day 2 of our trip.

SS 2023 1.jpg

The winning fish was caught late in the day and weighed in at 22 lbs.

SS 2023 19.jpg

The winning guide received a nice little cash prize as well as this gift pack from @WestCFishingTackle!

SS 2023 17.jpg
Ah man, was so happy to be a part of this annual event. The guys looked awesome in the co-branded hats! It was tough fishing with the wind and the full moon tides, so I'm pretty impressed you guys go into some quality fish! Good job and Brian, I know it's a thankless job organizing everything, so a BIG shout out to you for making it all happen! Cheers, Jeff

on the past week i have purchased three jigging rods, one as a gift. slow pitch jigging is so much fun and i hooked and released about a 15 yesterday and that little rod ( 6’3 MH ) handled it like nothing. i currently have it paired with an Abu 6501 and while it works just fine it’s a little heavy. any suggestions?
I've seen the guys also use the

Avet JX 4.6 G2 Reel sold at Harbour Chandler​

It's super light weight and action, but packs a good punch for line retrieve. We also use bait caster style reels too which go nicely on them the carbon fiber reels are super light.

Good luck and let me know how you make out. Cheers, Jeff

Hi All,

Looking at developing a new colour for the TURD HOOCHIES. These have been on fire all season on both sides of the Island. ANY and all thoughts on a 4th colour would be MOST Welcomed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

• PhotoRoom_20230727_142544.jpeg
    PhotoRoom_20230727_142544.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 74
Fished all year with mostly WCFT spoons of all colors. They are by far the best quality and most durable I have been able to buy in a long time.

Just picked up some little phat-e spoons at the Grandview Canadian Tires last week. Will report back with how they perform alongside Gibbs, Coyote, and Amundson spoons. If the weather plays nice, that is

Back