WCFT New Products Launch 2023 - OPEN DISCUSSION

WestCFishingTackle

Westcoast Fishing Tackle is excited to participate more actively on the SportfishingBC Forum! Special thanks Admin - Brian Kowalko for allowing us to open this dialogue with anglers and hear their opinions on our tackle. As a growing, progressive, inclusive BC Tackle Company, we feel it's so important to hear angler's feedback so that we can be constantly improving and developing the "Quality" of Tackle that "Anglers Deserve". Respecting the fact that we cannot please everyone, and that each angler has the right to his/her own opinion, the goal of this forum is to seek constructive feedback on our tackle products exclusively. "I want to hear what you have to say....." - Jeff Leung, Chief Tackle Designer

Over the season, we will seek feedback on specific tackle products as we look to improve, change, discontinue, or expand moving forward into next year. It is vital that you have used the tackle more than once, have hands on experience of the tackle, photos, videos of the tackle in action, in order to provide the feedback. Hearsay, opinions from talking to others or general assumptions are not the value add we are looking for.

IF you are a paid CREW member, WCFT will be providing it's sponsorship through Bi-Monthly draws of FREE Tackle product. Yes, that means every 2 weeks, there will be a draw for Spoons, jigs, tackle products that we want you to win and test. At the same time, it's so important for us to support our local tackle shops, all the men and women who work in the fishing industry, need our support.

Thank you in advance for your help, we look forward to the open dialogue ahead......

Cheers,

Jeff Leung
Chief Tackle Designer
Westcoast Fishing Tackle

Nice! Are you guys in any of the Halibut derbies coming up? Be great to see one of your lures alongside a winning fish! There is the San Juan one and Island Outfitters one, both in May.

PS comments are turned off on Youtube, I always try to comment to and thumbs up to give it a boost. I subscribed and gave it a thumbs up.

Nice! Are you guys in any of the Halibut derbies coming up? Be great to see one of your lures alongside a winning fish! There is the San Juan one and Island Outfitters one, both in May.

PS comments are turned off on Youtube, I always try to comment to and thumbs up to give it a boost. I subscribed and gave it a thumbs up.
Thank for heads up on the Youtube thing! Didn't know that! We're not in too many derby's this year. We're supporting a few though.

Bought some of your hand painted spoons and jigs at the boat show. Will try them out up at Nootka at the end of June and report back to all. Happy to support local and a good story behind it all too.

I helped a friend buy 3 of your slow jigging rods today. Spinning 6’3” 110-200g one piece. He paired them with Penn 5000 battle 3 reels. But the foot of the reel doesn’t seem to fit that rod. It needs a size up on the reel seat I think.
He said he would grind the bottom off the reels foot a bit to fit. :-||

Probably Penn made their foot to thick…but they don’t ask me for feedback lol.

I think my Daiwa bg 4000 would have fitted nicely on that rod however.

Last edited:
I helped a friend buy 3 of your slow jigging rods today. Spinning 6’3” 110-200g one piece. He paired them with Penn 5000 battle 3 reels. But the foot of the reel doesn’t seem to fit that rod. It needs a size up on the reel seat I think.

Thanks for the referral! And for the feedback! We did catch that in version one and the newer models have larger reel seats to accommodate the bigger reels. And yes, a 4000 series is actually the best suited for that rod. Cheers, J.

Thanks for the referral! And for the feedback! We did catch that in version one and the newer models have larger reel seats to accommodate the bigger reels. And yes, a 4000 series is actually the best suited for that rod. Cheers, J
You need to make a clone of the Luhr Jensen Tom Mack half & half-Yes I've said this before and I'll say it again it's one of the Best ever designed.

View attachment 91970
Love that spoon! I actually have a few guys drop off their old ones and have me refurbish and restore or even in some case repaint a custom colour. A lot of the Alaska commercial guys send me these spoons to redo for them.

I noticed that the Gibbs team and Jenny's Smoke Shack had made a post last week about their pro staff vs. "The other guy's pro staff". Seemed kind of childish to be honest. I wondered if it was meant to be targeted toward WCFT.

I noticed that the Gibbs team and Jenny's Smoke Shack had made a post last week about their pro staff vs. "The other guy's pro staff". Seemed kind of childish to be honest. I wondered if it was meant to be targeted toward WCFT.
Jenny's awesome, we kinda started our businesses at the same time. I'm a big supporter of her. In the end, all we can do is focus on what we do best.

In planning for our upcoming adventure at @Port Eliza Fishing next week, I had an idea to add a little twist to our competitive pools for the trip. We will have 9 guides taking our group out each day and my idea was to pick one day, provide each guide the same spoon, and have a competition for the biggest Chinook caught on that spoon. Jeff @WestCFishingTackle graciously jumped on board to provide the Little Phat-E spoons for the competition and when I told him there would be a cash pool for the winning fisherman and guide, he offered to throw in some tackle for the winning guide as well! I will report back on the results from the lodge next week. Here is the Little Phat-E the guides will be working with for the competition.

Brian

WCFTPE1.jpg

Our trip to Port Eliza Lodge was another memorable one and thanks to Jeff at Westcoast Fishing Tackle we added the twist of having our guides participate in a one day derby of sorts. All Chinook caught on the Little Phat-E No Bananas version (barbs flattened of course), that each guide was provided, was in the running and a number of fish were weighed in for the win on Day 2 of our trip.

SS 2023 1.jpg

The winning fish was caught late in the day and weighed in at 22 lbs.

SS 2023 19.jpg

The winning guide received a nice little cash prize as well as this gift pack from @WestCFishingTackle!

SS 2023 17.jpg

on the past week i have purchased three jigging rods, one as a gift. slow pitch jigging is so much fun and i hooked and released about a 15 yesterday and that little rod ( 6’3 MH ) handled it like nothing. i currently have it paired with an Abu 6501 and while it works just fine it’s a little heavy. any suggestions?

Back