Lots of line.....and a question

Sitkaspruce

So on the puchase of my new toy, the guy threw in a ton of extra stuff.

A couple of things i recieved are four bulk spools of extra line. One spool is #80 Tuff, another is one of those spools of heavy #100 mono.

My question is the other two. One is Pro-Tac #30 copolymer. Looked it up here and other places, not much around. Heard from one person on the site who said it was crap. Any truth to that? It is a 1800 yard spool about 3/4 full.

The other is a 3000 yard spool of, looks like #30-40, very stiff, black line. It cost $62 at Chilcotin Guns and that is all the info on it. I know Triple Fish and I think Maxima used to make a black line. Not sure what it is. I know I am reaching out here but any ideas? It is about 3/4 full as well and I would hate to throw it out if it is usable. I know I should stick with what works, but I thought I would see what other think or know.

I have tested both on knots and they both seem to be ok, but the true test will be in the water.

I am a Maxima person and have been using it since the eighties and never had any problems that were not the fishermans fault.

Cheers

SS

Hey Sitka
I think the maxima you are running is your best bet, I'd think about ebaying all that other stuff you've got except for the tuff line that would be good for a hali rig, just because I wouldn't want to find out the hard way, make a little dough use what you sell that stuff for to buy a 100 pk or two. of gammi's, that's what I'd do, just because I don't know anything about that other stuff.

The line could be maxima cameleon. It's very stiff and tuff and very dark in colour. Great stuff, I've been using it for main line on knuckle busters for years. It is very tuff.

Junk the co-polymer or put it back on Ebay.Spool the black line on a spare reel and try it out-the best bet if you are unsure.
For me it's maxima or nothing.I am sooo done with the clearance bin monofilament

Back