Local Flooding

Something I have never seen before.

The Lower Mainland is effectively cut off from the rest of British Columbia and Canada

FEQjZ73XwAgJoyN

Island is near cutoff too.

FEQqrDRWYAAvTJq

Last edited:
Here's a good link and one can see the conditions from a variety of places.

This rain revealed my leak again but so far I've managed to successfully hold it at bay.

Hmmm, I wonder how absorbent Depends are?

Take care.

Here's a good link and one can see the conditions from a variety of places.

This rain revealed my leak again but so far I've managed to successfully hold it at bay.

Hmmm, I wonder how absorbent Depends are?

Take care.
Ask Joe Biden

Bye bye to all the fall redds on our LM tribs. This will have horrific consequences for our salmon in the years to follow. The only saving grace will be our hatcheries and any side channel work our volunteer groups have done.

Unfortunetly all the logging of our watersheds has completely taking out any chance of decreasing the blow from this "atmospherical river" that seems to be happening more frequent.

Truly a shocking day driving around and seeing the devastation to our spawning areas today. Cant catch a break for some of our local stocks.

Bye bye to all the fall redds on our LM tribs. This will have horrific consequences for our salmon in the years to follow. The only saving grace will be our hatcheries and any side channel work our volunteer groups have done.

Unfortunetly all the logging of our watersheds has completely taking out any chance of decreasing the blow from this "atmospherical river" that seems to be happening more frequent.

Truly a shocking day driving around and seeing the devastation to our spawning areas today. Cant catch a break for some of our local stocks.

Was thinking the same..sad

We have an economic disaster on our hands now as well as the suffering of the flood victims. No road routes open this morning and no rail either. Already the containers will be piling up in the ports. Highway crews will be feverishly trying to get the Hope Princeton open, it seems like the least damaged so far. Heaven help us if structures are gone there as well and the Duffey becomes the only link to the interior. Meantime temps are dropping and snow is falling to make it all harder. A winter of misery ahead for the highways folks.

We have an economic disaster on our hands now as well as the suffering of the flood victims. No road routes open this morning and no rail either. Already the containers will be piling up in the ports. Highway crews will be feverishly trying to get the Hope Princeton open, it seems like the least damaged so far. Heaven help us if structures are gone there as well and the Duffey becomes the only link to the interior. Meantime temps are dropping and snow is falling to make it all harder. A winter of misery ahead for the highways folks.
I haven’t heard of any major highway damage in the US so maybe all the containers will be crossing the border and heading north at osoyoos

As someone already mentioned, this was no effing joke. Add to this the ongoing supply chain issues, rising inflation, our depressed tourism sector and the long wildfire season and you can see how 2021 is going to wrap up. Hold on to your wallets folks. 2022 is going to be super bumpy.

As someone already mentioned, this was no effing joke. Add to this the ongoing supply chain issues, rising inflation, our depressed tourism sector and the long wildfire season and you can see how 2021 is going to wrap up. Hold on to your wallets folks. 2022 is going to be super bumpy.

I cant imagine rebuilding, my experience with trades over the last year, god help them

Back