Last minute camping destination?

Aridhol

I found myself with a few days off next week and I want to take my 4 year old son camping for the first time and maybe even do some fishing.

I'm hoping for a quiet spot that's relatively "rustic" but with an OK boat launch. I have a 14.5ft sangster fibreglass that I'll need to trailer in & out for the couple days we'll be there and the launch will need a decent dock so I can leave it tied while I park the vehicle (son can't hold it though he'd certainly try!). We'd be fishing for any kind of salmon to cook for dinner (though of course not counting on success).

We'd be looking to tent and budget says provincial parks is our best bet :) though the parks site doesn't really tell me the quality of the launches so I'm hoping folks here can provide some advice.
If it's a private site I'd still be looking for something not crazy expensive.

The dates we're shooting for are the 28th & 29th of July and we'd arrive on the 28th. I'd be fine stretching the time another day if a place had a fuel dock or a close by gas station.

I live in Victoria and would like to stay on the island.

edit: thanks Dogbreath for reminding me to state where I live...

Last edited by a moderator:
hah wow, I can't believe I forgot that. I live in Victoria and want to stay somewhere on the island.

Had some good times at Sunny Shores in Sooke when my son was younger. It had (has?) all that you speak of. Pinks will be thick. You won't need downriggers if you don't have them.

Back