Kitty Coleman Launch Tides?

Bait&Sea

We are going to be at the inlaws for the week of Christmas a few blocks from KittyColeman. I'm toying with the idea of bringing my boat over from the mainand to do a bit of winter fishing/crabbingprawning. I've only been there once and did check out the launch briefly. I dont remember a dock there and it seemed pretty shallow looking. My boats an 18' outboard. Any ideas of the minimum tide height to use the launch?

I haven't launched there in a long long time,there are a lot of guys on this forum that do and will respond I'm sure

You also have the option of launching out of Comox and heading down Baynes Sound, south end of Hornby etc

Its quicker to launch in Comox and run around to Kitty than going south (weather permitting of course)

What........

No dock at Kitty
You on bunks or rollers?
If you find prawns and crabs let me know. Many have tried. You might get red rocks
I can launch on any tide at Kitty

PM Sent

I can attest to the fact that Owen's boat can be launched pretty well any time at Kitty - however he has a roller trailer and a fairly bullet proof welded aluminum hull. Not sure I'd want to try and put a glass boat in there in anything other than a fairly high tide.

There are some launch friendly tides from the 20th through Xmas at Kitty that would suit your boat. Maybe you might hook-up with someone local as quite a few fish winter springs. Good Luck.;) eman

FA im on bunks although I've got the boat sitting real low and tight to the trailer for easy launching, and thanks for the PM.
Thanks to the rest as well for replys. If its tough to compliment a winter troll with some crabs/prawns around Kitty then not sure its worth the cost to ferry the boat over to solely target the feeders for a day or two gambling with weather and all. Im sure ill regret it though when theres no wind and im splitting wood for the stove.

Back