Comox to Kitty Coleman Fishing Today

MyEscape

MyEscape will be heading out to slay some fish @ 10 am from Comox and will be running up to Kitty Coleman. Will be monitoring VHF 16 call me if your out there or swing by and say HI. Name is on both sides of my 17' Blue/White Boat.

Fishing the last 2 hours of ebb and first 2 hours of the flood

Have to launch at Comox due to low tide conditions today.

Will post a report when I return.

Cheers ME

Hey Kevin: Hope you didn't get sealed out there. I lost a nice teener just under the boat on tuesday. Got my gear as well:(. eman

OK Kev,Let's have the report. No ssssssssssssssssssssssstalling!

Great day on the water first 4 hours were great but then the tide switched and the wind picked up, it was quite a bumpy ride home. We caught a few shakers and one almost legal but nothing of any size. We saw a couple caught on other boats but by no means was it on fire. The highlite of the trip was had a hit grabed the rod set the hook as I did the rod almost got yanked out of my hands then it went very light but I still had something there get it to the boat and it was about 1/2 a 5-8 lbs ling cod with a clean bite removing his back half.
Didn't see any seals, birds or much bait but everyoneone knows that can change in a day given this time of year.

GLG Nice to meet you and see your boat. To bad fishing wasn't better but was sure nice on the water for the first 4 hours but think it was smart to bail when we did

The other highlight to be mentioned is I bought a second transducer for my Eagle 480 DF sounder because I have been mostly unhapppy with my sounders performance with the transducer mounted on transom and this was recomended by a Electronics tech from Lowrance. I loosely put the new transducer in my small bilge in 2"s of water WOW incredible performance both on 200 and 50 the detail even at 30 MPH in choppy water was mind blowing. Never lost a very detailed bottom once even in 180'+ of water and finally I can see true fish archs and small pockets of bait. Tried doing it this way as didn't want to epoxy it in just incase it didn't work. Still don't think I'm going to epoxy it in have another idea will try it and report.

p.s. This only works in fiberglass boats

Cheers ME

HI ME
Good to meet you. It's nice to make the run from Comox to Kitty with other boats. Heard 2 calls on the radio for help from people on the water with engine problems. The fishing was slow for us. Sorry could not visit on the way back as my wife needed to get on shore. Went up to CR on Sunday and it was slow there that day. Reports from the dock were the day before was great. Had battery problems on friends boat and did not fish very long. Will be going back to CR to try some more this week. Post when you are at Kitty as I may run out also. 2 hunters are better than 1. Have you tried fishing P-24? I have not caught anything in that area but have heard of some people doing well. A lot of water out there, so I may be fishing in the wrong spot. If you fish that area please post so I can follow and learn. Will send email address for that picture you took.
GLG

Back