Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

If that was only the case newf. Generally there are quite a few more wild to hatch, so in lies the problem.;) eman

I think somewhere in between is the truth I'm thinking a guy told me only 5% of fish at the qualicum
Hatchery are clipped and the puntledge hatchery doesn't mark their fish anymore don't know what that means when it comes time for river openings and closures

Is anyone fishing the Hump these days? Just wondering if it's worth a launch. Looks like the Coleman road access is closed. Have to use the Hardy Road approach. How long is that going on for?;) eman

I think the posted sign says it will be closed until 30 August. I am back to launching at Pt Holmes and travelling up. I was out last Tuesday evening and got 1 keeper Coho and the rest were releases.

Just bumping up the thread....havn't been out in a while...anyone care to comment on hot, cold or in between?

I wouldn't get as excited as Laura in that picture. That was the first fish I have killed in weeks at Kitty.

Still some coho out there but I have not caught a clipped one lately.

Nice Work Laura! that's a beauty! Hey Fish Assassin, if the amount of salmon you smoke is any indication to us on here how the fishing is at Kitty Coleman i would venture to say there is a few around still :p

Nice Work Laura! that's a beauty! Hey Fish Assassin, if the amount of salmon you smoke is any indication to us on here how the fishing is at Kitty Coleman i would venture to say there is a few around still :p
:p Hahaha I have only smoked one batch since June. Best way I know to get rid of marbled and white springs. Seems that is what 90% of the fish are at Kitty this time of year.

That's a nice kitty fish FA I just kept losing mine been trying to row the tyee pool it's harder than it looks got my heads report back from kitty all three that had tags were from the chilliwck river no tags in rest

Got to Kitty around 2:30 and by 3:30 had 2 hatchery cohos in the box. Large silver/pink coyote and a white hoochie. Trolled around for a few hours with only a small spring about 60cm's. Moved back past Lazo and trolled in towards the comox harbour and hit a fish that I thought was a spring the way it took out line. After an epic battle that went around my boat and wrapped around the downrigger cable I managed to get a look at it. Maybe 8lb wild coho. I was shocked. Caught many many cohos this year and by far this one wanted to live the most. Released without my net and kept trolling. Army Truck hoochie.

Back