Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

Picked this tasty little treat at Kitty this afternoon. Tons of large bait in the area along with about 20 sea lions.

Attachments

• Oct. 15th.jpg
    Oct. 15th.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 547
I almost dropped in to say hello to you today. Looked like you had Kitty to your self. We launched there and took a neighbour sight seeing and crabbing.

Rather catch fish like that then chum any day. Might just have to stay local this weekend.

Seemed to be pretty proud of that gross chum yesterday!

If you are to scared to fish the derby, then id stay local to.

Seemed to be pretty proud of that gross chum yesterday!

If you are to scared to fish the derby, then id stay local to.
Bugger off Lorne....... Stop being such a jerk, its not funny any more. You some sort of internet stalker?

The chum was beautiful, and I am very happy to have been apart of catching a local chum in the salt. Interesting how you post and your friends post pictures of chum fest blood baths and tuna blood baths. Yet I post a picture of a bloody chum and you and your pal post negative garbage about.

Move along Lorne.......

You , Degree of Freedom and Duffer have fun this weekend. Hope they don't snore and fart to much for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugger off Lorne....... Stop being such a jerk, its not funny any more. You some sort of internet stalker?

The chum was beautiful, and I am very happy to have been apart of catching a local chum in the salt. Interesting how you post and your friends post pictures of chum fest blood baths and tuna blood baths. Yet I post a picture of a bloody chum and you and your pal post negative garbage about.

Move along Lorne.......

You , Degree of Freedom and Duffer have fun this weekend. Hope they don't snore and fart to much for you.

[ucdY9ez7j3g] http://youtu.be/ucdY9ez7j3g

Nice to hear your around been trying to get out boating in the new to me boat 17 Calais white with blue bow cover just had bow cover made and new windows plus all re-stitched rigged for salmon fishing fishes well even caught a hali in front of Pacific in September changes coming to Pacific Playgrounds with new management so far not for the better I know there are prawn closure coming to some areas but has anyone been out and is it even worth it?
Terry

Nice to hear your around been trying to get out boating in the new to me boat 17 Calais white with blue bow cover just had bow cover made and new windows plus all re-stitched rigged for salmon fishing fishes well even caught a hali in front of Pacific in September changes coming to Pacific Playgrounds with new management so far not for the better I know there are prawn closure coming to some areas but has anyone been out and is it even worth it?
Terry

what kind of changes?

what kind of changes?
I think your trying to bait me but I'll bite -no more season passes -pilings breaking and decks condemned not being repaired- rates going up- sailing club got the boot from clubhouse-no decks at long term campsites-no store anymore to speak of and I'm sure there is lots more.
Terry

I wasn't trying to bait yah! hahaha I launched there about 30 times last year so I just wanted the down low. And the down low sucks!

On a fish note. I was out on the hump Thursday and picked up a couple nice feeders. Was real lumpy tho.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 358
Terry

Got out yesterday a bit late. Stopped a half mile out of Pacific with a misfiring engine that wouldn't plane. Played with the choke and doused with carb cleaner to no avail but cleaning the the corroded shmegley off the distributor contacts did the trick. A nice smooth ride after that. 8 traps down for 2 hours netted enough for a great prawn taco dinner for the family. (The recipe was posted by Captain PartyMarty in the recipe section.) Only a few small ones and only 5 with eggs that went back. The sun was trying to poke through late in the day, pretty nice to get out there just the same.

The ones we did get seem to be a lot harder than normal to peel. Separating the meat from the shells. A bit strange I thought, but not overly experienced either. Is there a reason for that or just the way it goes sometimes?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones we did get seem to be a lot harder than normal to peel. Separating the meat from the shells. A bit strange I thought, but not overly experienced either. Is there a reason for that or just the way it goes sometimes?

To fresh.... Fresh prawns are often harder to peel. Nice to here someone actually catching prawns. I have not seen a haul like you got in at least 2 years.

I got out yesterday for a few hours at Kitty. There was about 8 boats fishing. Happy to get out a shake the cob webs off.

Hey seadawg FA's correct re the prawns are to fresh. I've heard that if you freeze the ones you want to eat head off for ten minutes or so they will peel much easier. Also if you leave them overnight in the fridge head off same thing.;) eman

Thanks guys. Went out again today for a repeat in the fog and rain, same time, same spot. First three strings netted zero. Last string around 40 or so. LOL.

Back